Shakers

- ask away
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Shakers

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Any body know how to get that cool delayed shaker sound in deep house tunes...?

Rocco - Memories - Instrumental mix is a tune that comes to mind, i cant even get close to that....

Thanks in advance.....
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

lots of ways to get shaker sounds, my mate mics up a pringles tube filled with rice and records it live, i use a couple of sine waves modulated with white noise on an andromeda A6, or a nord 3, then put it through a Blackstar valve (tube) -drive guitar pedal to make it warm and sexy. it's all down to the shape of the envelope, and the shuffle you put on.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Shakers

Post by Stomper »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:Any body know how to get that cool delayed shaker sound in deep house tunes...?

Rocco - Memories - Instrumental mix is a tune that comes to mind, i cant even get close to that....

Thanks in advance.....
samples is the way for me. dont know that track so dont know what delay sound u mean. can u upload a sample from the track?
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Maybe my question is a bit generic....

Heres a link; it isnt very clear though....

http://www.traxsource.com/index.php?act ... s&cv=10729

I havnt yet experimented much with shuffle tbh, but ill have a go....

Id rather make the sound from scratch if at all possible, stevios method sounds interesting.... Does the sine control the filter / volume or both?

basically, im struggling with getting a continuous, slightly off beat feel and the sound to sit 'on top' of the mix....

Cheers

Maybe i just need to be more creative... :)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

no mate the sine is the raw wave i start with, to give it a tone.
just experiment with white noise on its own, put an envelope on it with a slow attack, a touch of resonance, and then just move it around inside a one beat loop till the shuffle feels right, then do it again with another 16th note, and play around with the position and the velocities of the two 16ths till you get the groove you want.
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

i know this sounds crazy, but why not just record a shaker. i have one of those 'egg shakers' and nothing compares to holding it in both hands and shaking so you can vary the timbre with your cupped hands.

if you have good rhythm(and you should if youre making dance music) you can shake it through the whole song, and clean up any timing issues with ableton.

look them up, they cost like 2 dollars, or as previously mentioned make your own.
/__/\ /__/\ /__/\
| |::\ \ \:\ | |::\
Keagan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Keagan »

808 maracas?

delay?!!

SYNC???????

1/4D??!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------
kwality
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kwality »

532nm wrote:i know this sounds crazy, but why not just record a shaker. i have one of those 'egg shakers' and nothing compares to holding it in both hands and shaking so you can vary the timbre with your cupped hands.

if you have good rhythm(and you should if youre making dance music) you can shake it through the whole song, and clean up any timing issues with ableton.

look them up, they cost like 2 dollars, or as previously mentioned make your own.
+1. Recording your own sounds will help in ways you can't imagine.