Opuswerk_Popovka (updated version!!!!)

- music
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Opuswerk_Popovka (updated version!!!!)

Post by Opuswerk »

Yo people,
a new track from us definitely more dancefloor oriented that one.
Please tell us what you think about it. We still need to sort out some things for the mixdown, so comment on that matter are particularily welcome.

you can listen to it here : http://www.virb.com/music/player/144018

Comments will of course be returned.
Last edited by Opuswerk on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
konradsk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by konradsk »

The tracks cool but the mix sounds lifeless to my ears. It has no wamrth, the bass sounds very muddy and the percussion doesn't sparkle over everything else.
The mix ISN'T bad, it's not like it sounds terrible as it doesn't. It just lacks warmth and sparkle...and nothing has a real sense of presence.
Very vague untechnical terms I know wouldn't be of much use to a new "producer" but I feel it makes more sense, and I know your not "new" anyway.
8)
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

dope track guys

the noise buildup may be a tiny bit loud (dominant) - and ends a bit abruptly - sweet sound though

kick needs to be a bit louder imo - synths are real nice - transitions are good - bassline to synth etc -

percussion is good - like the clicks a lot -

the bassline is too loud i think - needs to be toned down - maybe a bit in general ? 4 mins - stands out here (actually, is the lower tone especially - jumps out).

maybe have the noise effect from the beginning come in again at some point in the track?

dont know how you guys deal with compression - but maybe take some channels and send them through a return channel and compress them a bit ... in order to pull some of the sounds together more - percussion on one - synths on another?

def more dancefloor oriented -

good stuff :D
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
Misko
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Misko »

hey man.. very nice track..I think its awesome..maybe if u get the perc more to the front and getting it more rolling its gone be a dancefloor hit..!!
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

thanks for listening!
@azrael: i totally understand what you by that tiny sparkle thing. The track is still fresh to our ears. So i guess we'd better have a second go at the mix. Do you have any sugestion as to what could give that sparkle?

@ ec50: glad you liked the track. It might be true that the bass muddies the mix a bit will have a second go on that once it has rested. As for our highs, it really depends on the track sometimes we send them all in a bus somwtimes not. We'll have a try on that track.

Glad you lot liked it. Keep the comments comming!
Last edited by Opuswerk on Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
konradsk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by konradsk »

a bit more width on the percussion and some stereo effects on the general midrange...
I'm starting to think maybe this is just my tastes as I say this pretty much 80% of the time on arena and places :lol:

but as you say it's an early mix!
be sure to update when finished 8)
Cie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Cie »

the dark string to the beginning is really evil and aggressive filtered. But suddenly it seems a new tune comes in after a break.
Unfortunatly the beat sounds wooden, especially the percussion-sounds, the hihats are too sporadic and do not contribute. Besides, it is arranged a little too hectic and without a central theme.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Opuswerk wrote:thanks for listening!
@azrael: i totally understand what you by that tiny sparkle thing. The track is still fresh to our ears. So i guess we'd better have a second go at the mix. Do you have any sugestion as to what could give that sparkle?

@ ec50: glad you liked the track. It might be true that the bass muddies the mix a bit will have a second go on that once it has rested. As for our highs, it really depends on the track sometimes we send them all in a bus somwtimes not. We'll have a try on that track.

Glad you lot liked it. Keep the comments comming!
If you have Izotope ozone you can excite the upper high end on the master channel or a send. I like the track though. that bassline reminds me of a track I used to like a long time ago. Cant remember the name.