Minimal Techno

- ask away
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Minimal Techno

Post by Stomper »

Minimal Techno is an Elastik Player-based sample loop library that accentuates the resourceful minimalist approach to synthetic club productions. This library is comprised of compacted/subtracted club grooves which capture the latest spectrum of sound frameworks used in the scene. Other highlights are devious sound anomalies and robust soundscapes. Minimal Techno offers the user 75 construction kits, 250 instrument loops, 75 drum kits and 234 knock-out one-shots.

Minimal Techno contains 1.6 GB of style accurate leads, pads, bass, drums, stealth elements, spheres and textures. All samples have been refined and designed for Minimal Techno, Electro and Tech House but will mesh with parent and sibling genres such as: Glitch, Minimal House, MonoMusic, MicroMusic, Rave, IDM. Traditional percussive and other instrumentation randomization is enhanced with microtonal textures and sound incidents.

The Elastik Player features include:

Highspeed timestretching and pitchshifting.
"LoopEye" for fast loop variations.
All parameters MIDI controllable.
Multiple content management.
Each product separately installable.
Mapping tools (automatic slice- & chromatic-map).
Save audio of original and modified loops.
Creation of user presets.
Filter with "kill function" (-72db).
Adaptable to tempos from 10 to 480 BPM.
Audio engine for quick adaptation.
http://www.ueberschall.com/index.php?id ... owUid]=100
Got to this one while browesing from work. will defenitly check this when i get to the studio.
subscan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by subscan »

:lol: What are ... "sound incidents"?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

well they certainly invested some cash in that blurb!
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

Why even bother with a plugin?
Why doesn't everybody cut out all the bullshit and just take a Villalobos record and put their own name on it?

Beware people, things like this spell the demise of minimal. Soon it will be as simple as trance presets. This is a sign that the music has become too predictable for it's own good.

Sorry to rant here but stuff like this really makes me sad because one of the things that really got me started seriously into techno were stuff like the Monobox (Robert Hood) records and other stuff on M-Plant allong with allot of the more minimally things from Jeff Mills, +8, Probe, Telepathic etc...
To think that back then the music would become so predictable that came after it that they would be making Minimal plugins is just mind boggling. This was once the most underground of underground genres with full of people who were actually experimenting to find new sounds. Now it has been reduced to a plugin.

Welcome to the end of minimal.........silence is the only thing left for it.

I saw this coming a while ago that's why i stuck to the cultural music of my area Techno. I still think producers like Mad Mike, Carl Craig and Juan Atkins do 10x more experimenting then allot of minimal records i hear. Making a Detroit Techno plugin in this manner would be impossible, think about it.
subscan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by subscan »

I think you hit the nail on the head.

A very large part of minimal (for me anyway)

Is experimentation with sound?

It’s that what makes the music interesting...

These things are made for people who

Don’t want to / have the time to / or interest to

Work on making stuff from scratch….. A quick fix

mix a few loops...make a minimal track,

mix a few more loops together another minimal track

What do I do now I’ve run out of ideas.. lets try some other style
eryx666
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eryx666 »

i think it is not so dangerous.
because things like this are extremely..................boring
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Torque wrote:things like this spell the demise of minimal.
exactly this was my first thought even before I read your post. sad :(
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Torque wrote:Why even bother with a plugin?
Why doesn't everybody cut out all the bullshit and just take a Villalobos record and put their own name on it?

Beware people, things like this spell the demise of minimal. Soon it will be as simple as trance presets. This is a sign that the music has become too predictable for it's own good.

Sorry to rant here but stuff like this really makes me sad because one of the things that really got me started seriously into techno were stuff like the Monobox (Robert Hood) records and other stuff on M-Plant allong with allot of the more minimally things from Jeff Mills, +8, Probe, Telepathic etc...
To think that back then the music would become so predictable that came after it that they would be making Minimal plugins is just mind boggling. This was once the most underground of underground genres with full of people who were actually experimenting to find new sounds. Now it has been reduced to a plugin.

Welcome to the end of minimal.........silence is the only thing left for it.

I saw this coming a while ago that's why i stuck to the cultural music of my area Techno. I still think producers like Mad Mike, Carl Craig and Juan Atkins do 10x more experimenting then allot of minimal records i hear. Making a Detroit Techno plugin in this manner would be impossible, think about it.
+100

but i wouldnt bet against a detroit plugin surfacing, when that happens it will be a very sad day indeed.