a dj sneak rant on his blog on myspace

- open
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

a dj sneak rant on his blog on myspace

Post by stevësto »

"Hey what up people! i know it's been a while since my last blog but it's also been crazy in sneak inc land. i have a few things to talk about this time and i need to be heard to the fullest!
As you all know i am one of the leading house music djs and producers in the world, i have climbed the ladder my own way in my own terms, i have been influenced by others as i have influenced many of you in different ways, i hope that so far in the last 20 years i have not disappointed any of you in any way... i have real love for this thing we call house music since i first heard it with my own ears, i have experienced so many great times with friends and new friends i have made on the road, i have played with some of the best and now joined the prestige club of members that live this life.
Anyway lately is feels like there is not enough support out in the world for some of us who have layed the grounds for others and are still carrying the torch to keep house music alive! I feel a lack of respect & appreciation for the pioneers that work extra hard to please the house music world.

Some of you may even ask what is house music? cause you have not been exposed to djs like derrick carter , mark farina, dj heather or even dj sneak. well i'm here to explain in the most honest of ways what house music means to me by sharing some of the experiences i've personally had so maybe you all can appreciate my words a little more when i speak about house music. i suppose i can start at the beginning of my days with house but i will not go so far back, i'm going to start when i first was taken to an underground party in chicago and i first heard these djs that now some of them have done very well or faded cause the lack of support from nightclubs, promoters and the nightlife. at this particular party there were like 8 djs that night, all in a kitchen of a loft on milwaukee ave in chicago, i got there in time to listen and see with my own eyes the best the underground was serving up in 1992, i heard dj frique, dj traxx, lego,dj diz, spencer kincy, and the maestro derrick carter the one (neo) amoung others too. this group of fellas gave their all that night cause the feeling was right and the music, the art, the sounds and the crowd were all in unison. no security fools up in your grill, no fancy dressing with fake bling, not a lot of sh!t that people have to put up with these days to have a good time. the people in this loft all came to see and hear good house music with no knowledge of what surprises they were going to get when these djs killed the turntables , on the kitchen counter next to the stove. djs played tapes from tape decks with homemade pitch controls to play their edits of track the loved... i really miss these days when people were more into the music than drugs or the rest of what has become of house music in clubs these days.

Sometimes i wonder what happened to all that fun we all used to have going out and having a good time with no worries about anything (but the cops) if the showed up. a lot has changed since them days of innocent gatherings of house people wanting to just dance and laugh and enjoy thier friends and make new ones because we all had one thing in common " house music love" i wonder if we can restart the ways back to normality these days, if we the older crowd can share the knowledge with the new comers that think that electro is house music, that techno is house music, that commercial bullshit that gets filtered by the remaining record labels in house music... well here is what house music means to me and alot of others, house music is soul music, is vocals over a electronic tr 909 or 808 drum beat, house is funky basslines, house music is filtered grooves that make you shake your asses, house is the rumble of the 909 kik drum in your face with snares that cut thru like someone is in the room playing them live, house music is all the elements of music and life in one , jazz, funk, latin, street sounds, beatboxin', chanting, screaming, laughter, all them feeling you get when you dance to a 4 on the floor rhythm that represents a true house track... i don't know about you all but i miss these tracks made with love not factory sounds, with care not cause it was going to the made up dj charts, i want the good beats with a fat bassline or 2 a selection of sounds from the streets and a dajae vocal or some one like her (real house diva).
This is what i want to hear again, this is what is needed to turn this shitty spell that this left over industry is suffering from. i can't stand bad music and that is what's running the show these days, fake made up marketed idiots that have no knowledge or love or appreciation for what they are getting payed for to do. i'm talking about european djs in particular that have no business djing, that rather look good and play the frikkin' role like they are the best in this thing we are all involved. i'm mostly speaking of trance, pregressive and electro fakes out there... also talking about the fake as wanna be promoters that want to just bring that euro sound that has no soul to our cities like they are gods. talkng about night clubs that dont' give sh!t about the people that come spend money in admission and booze, they rather bring outside talent than support thier local house soldiers... what happened to the real people out there? is there anybody left? where is true love for it? where is the respect? wake up or educate yourselves in what it is... what it has always been about, house music. much love to all the true house heads still doing it even if is the smaller rooms these days. i'm pleading you all that love house music stand up to people ask to have you favorite djs come back to your towns, push to change the way things are today, make a difference in this industry because if we don't fight back it will be history.

.. keep house music alive!!!!! a tru house head dj sneak keep house music alive!!!!!!!"
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

i wonder how many times the word "house" is in the text...
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

he really should be more mnml if he actually expects people to read all that..

lol
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house music house how much house is enough?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

thomasjaldemark wrote:i wonder how many times the word "house" is in the text...
30 to be exact....

:)
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitalbunny »

self indulgent wank
i want the time back that it took to read that
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Times have changed. In 2008 and teenagers are taken on a sponsored ride with cheap thrills. The arts are disposable, just as trends change per season. Nobody stands for sh!t anymore. Real house is intelligent, just as real techno and real click. In another thread we discussed how the public is dumbing down. Another example of this I guess.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

john clees wrote:
thomasjaldemark wrote:i wonder how many times the word "house" is in the text...
30 to be exact....

:)
get a job ;)