Post by pheek »

Come take a look :wink:

http://www.archipel.cc
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

very functional...

was able to go through all features of the site within mins...

good stuff...
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

Just took some quick steps through it.... from the functional side, it's very clearly arranged, easy to navigate, that's good. Concerning the design I noticed a few issues... For some reason (is it my system/browser?) some of the images render a little bit fuzzy. I mean especially the archipel logo and the cover thumbnails. For me it looks like a scaling issue. The text parts (esp. "blog", "info") seem a bit "too mnml" for me. I don't find them so appealing, the font is slightly too small for my taste and the layout is somehow unclear (it is logical, but somehow, when I look "through" the text and just concentrate on the graphical impression, it is not 100% appealing). I think the spacing between paragraphs is too big for my taste, and there's not enough variation between headings and text.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to talk bad about it, just want to give some constructive comments. After all, I liked the old design more. For me it was more motivating to stay and explore the site. (Maybe this has also to do with colors... It was somehow more consistent with the impression I had about archipel (vinyl covers, music,.... this CI thing....)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

aut.t.n wrote:Concerning the design I noticed a few issues... For some reason (is it my system/browser?) some of the images render a little bit fuzzy. I mean especially the archipel logo and the cover thumbnails.
I see this too (XP/FF). And it sure seems like a scaling problem.

besides that I like the site, very functional and easy.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

I like it. Looks like a fashion label :D
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

hehehehe nice video
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

re.vise wrote:hehehehe nice video
lol it killed me too

great stuff -

site looks fresh -- agree that some elements appear fuzzy... also the comment regarding the spacing between paragraphs at points: i also feel this could be sorted out still so as to mark the gaps between items and between paragraphs clearer.

good stuff archipel
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

aut.t.n wrote:Just took some quick steps through it.... from the functional side, it's very clearly arranged, easy to navigate, that's good. Concerning the design I noticed a few issues... For some reason (is it my system/browser?) some of the images render a little bit fuzzy. I mean especially the archipel logo and the cover thumbnails. For me it looks like a scaling issue. The text parts (esp. "blog", "info") seem a bit "too mnml" for me. I don't find them so appealing, the font is slightly too small for my taste and the layout is somehow unclear (it is logical, but somehow, when I look "through" the text and just concentrate on the graphical impression, it is not 100% appealing). I think the spacing between paragraphs is too big for my taste, and there's not enough variation between headings and text.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to talk bad about it, just want to give some constructive comments. After all, I liked the old design more. For me it was more motivating to stay and explore the site. (Maybe this has also to do with colors... It was somehow more consistent with the impression I had about archipel (vinyl covers, music,.... this CI thing....)
Thanks for the notes! The site has still stuff to be corrected so any input like this is more than appreciated :D
cheers!