DJ L'embrouille
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[Clever] 009 | Laplaceausoleil - Midland EP

Post by DJ L'embrouille »

Clever Music netlabel...

Download the release for free here: http://www.clevermusic.net

Roll up, roll up…

You may know our next guests from their work on Plong!, Eintakt, Alpha or Synergy… Laplaceausoleil – hailing from Germany, they sound like a sunny, bright and breezy outfit, so there must be some kind of irony at work to think that the EP is called ‘Midland EP’ – the Midlands being infamous for their less than temperate climes (for non-UK listeners, the Midlands is a small village just on the outskirts of London ;D)

So get ready for some deep, hypnotic, house music from some of the finest purveyors in deep acid and minimalism…

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Midland sounds exactly like the track that spins around your head as you crawl home in a mojito and beer induced stupor at nine in the morning, praying that no-one you know sees you. Dirty hypnotic bass with snatches of an acid line and tripped out nuances that are almost melodic but impossible to hum, although you are trying to hum them, loudly, when you are nearly home and you bump into your ex going to get their morning paper and you are like, ‘fuuuuuuck iiiiiit’.

Some tracks need to be listened to at the right moment for you to really appreciate them. For instance Britney Spears never sounds good until your off your face on Absinthe. Right? Well, once you hear the tripped out melancholy and the hypnotic, gradual build of high pitched frequencies, counterbalanced by the wonky stabs of Nowhere Land on a darkened dance floor, at six in the morning - you will definitely be like, ‘hit me baby one more time’.

You know when you find yourself, somehow, listening to a progressive DJ and at the start of some tracks you are like, this is cool – and then the big wank breakdown hits and your like – ‘obviously, what was I thinking’. Well, Kick It is like if the progressive tune didn’t turn sh!t – lush production, grooving bass-lines, funked-up guitar and well, a bit progressive – but without any of the inevitable sh!t. Sasha – are you listening?

There was a moment in the evolution of tech-house, before it went all tribal, when the music almost got good – remember it? Just before it was kicked crying out of the record shops like a wet pussy and replaced by minimal and electro that was ten times cooler. Well, World of Today sounds like what tech-house could have been if had stood up for itself in the playground, stuck around and had little babies with the minimal records – rolling, deep, acid filth with a tech-house buoyancy that says yes to pogo dancing while simultaneously chin stroking.

Hope you enjoy, and remember kids… party safe

01 Midland
02 Nowhere Land
03 Kick it
04 World of today
ciste
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ciste »

downloading...

thank you DJ L'embrouille!
DJ L'embrouille
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by DJ L'embrouille »

You're welcome ciste. In fact, very productive week for laplaceausoleil. The clever ep smells more acid than the sinergy one's. I like both !
audiostatic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiostatic »

thanx L'embrouille :)
wes_mcgee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wes_mcgee »

this is killer....I have an older plong release, wasn't expecting something so funky....in the vein of areal.....great release guys!
gooner
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gooner »

wes_mcgee wrote:this is killer....I have an older plong release, wasn't expecting something so funky....in the vein of areal.....great release guys!

glad you like :) - big props to dan for such cool artwork too!! :shock:
Timothy Claypole
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Timothy Claypole »

These tracks are awesome!!!!!! Good skills guys.
corpid
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by corpid »

best artwork for a netrelease i've ever seen! tracks are cool, too!