[ALTF005] Tom Ellis - Done In EP

- free art
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[ALTF005] Tom Ellis - Done In EP

Post by tone-def »

It gives us great pleasure to present to you the latest release on Alt Recordings, featuring three brand new tracks by none other than Tom Ellis! Having given us a blinding remix for the Daniel Schneider EP last year, he now returns with the 'Done In EP', featuring his trademark funked out style and a further extension of the path Alt chooses to tread through electronic music.

In just four years of releasing material, Tom has forged a sound so distinctive as to give him worldwide recognition, for both his own productions and the releases put out on the Trimsound label that he runs with partner in crime Leif. With a style that comes on quirky at times, groovy at others, often deep but always funky, there's nothing else out there that sounds quite like the Trimsound family.

As well as his releases on Trimsound, Tom has notched up EPs for a staggering number of labels, from Morris Audio and Floppy Funk to Logistic and Frankie. As if that wasn't enough he also has releases impending for Musique Risquee, Akufen's highly regarded label, Minibar, another Floppy Funk and Hartchef Discos, the label run by Audio Werner.

That's not even mentioning Ekkis, his downtempo side-project releasing on the Minordust netlabel, or Trimsound Live, his live project with Leif, featuring Tom on live bass. With his fingers in all manner of jazz-filled pies, it's a treat to be able to share some of his tasty morsels with you.

www.alt-recordings.com
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

me likes
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

yeap, this one is funky !
(:
codix
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by codix »

haha i waited long ;)

but here it is. and i like it, tom is one of my favorite producers at the moment. His stuff is away unusal compared to the stuff that gets played at parties over here.

Faces is my favorite on this ep, followed by done in and then kinky known as kinky.

thx for the funk :) goes out to mr. tom ellis and to alt! :)
sonofradiator
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sonofradiator »

Glad to see you're liking it - the man knows funk like no-one else : )
S-Max & Spatial
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71085/

facebook.com/schmorgasbord
leecher
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecher »

Yep this "kinky knows kinky" gets me going well :twisted:
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

really cool release. thank you alt-recordings! :)
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

Faces!