The end of this hype ?

- ask away
tintin2085
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

The end of this hype ?

Post by tintin2085 »

Hi all I have posted a message in a topic to answer about Hawtin and how he is predictable since is as changed is setup.

The original post:http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=35229

tintin2085 wrote:
grace anxiety wrote:mixing filter for 1 minute, drop in bass, repeat. zzzzzzzzzz
Right.

Too much success !!! Too much hype !!!
He search no more to surprise the public, why the public is so blinded by the god of techno that he didn't care if Hawtin make quality or sht it's the same, the people is always happy why it's Hawtin :?

He is not alone, also for example luciano : He play since a long time the same records, always and always the same without any structure in is mixes, it's totally sht. Listen is podcat on ibiza-voice.com and read the commentarys: The best mix that i ever heard..... :roll:

For me this 2 are really finished. Or it's simply the end of the minimal hype and all the minimal become too commercial :?: :!:
Also the end of a good creativity source from the electronic music :?: :idea: overused :?: :!:

I think yes.
What do you think ?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

neither hawtin or luciano excite me these days.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

hmm, i was at a music festival at the weekend, and the stage that was dedicated to minimalish technos was very boring for a very large amount of time.

I wasn't there 24/7 but basically every time I went there the music annoyed me, which was pretty sad as the stage had a great set up in terms of location, sound, visuals etc etc.

some big names played there too... steve bug, magda, eulberg, ada to name a few and mostly it was very average, and sometimes bordering on being offensive.

It's a pretty familiar story with most forms of music though. I don't have any worries about decent music going away forever, it just means we won;t get it spoon fed to us again for a while.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

oblioblioblio wrote: some big names played there too... steve bug, magda, eulberg, ada to name a few and mostly it was very average, and sometimes bordering on being offensive.
obliioblioblio.... why are you feinding after this? From what i've heard your music is borderline progressive with heavy influences of minimal... i don't understand. Why do you even bother with these names at all? And since I wasn't at the festival... i'm curious as to what specifically you did find offensive?
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
jackyx
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: The end of this hype ?

Post by jackyx »

tintin2085 wrote:What do you think ?
just cause u guys had some nice years and its over for YOU doesnt mean its all over =). ever thought u are the reason for this hype ? :lol:
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

hey hydrogen man.

not sure entirely what you mean by fiending after this... but I'm guessing you mean caring too much, or taking it personally or something.

To which I don;t think I am, I just saw the thread and thought I'd mention it, as for me, it's been the first time that I've really noticed the effects of this overhype.

yeah I wouldn't say my music is especially like the names I mentioned in many ways, but like a lot of people, I love dancing to great electronic music at great locations, and even though it's not exactly like music I would make myself, it's definitely a group vibe I can enjoy when done right.

I can't mention that many specifics in technique or whatever that made me feel bad, it was more of a gut feeling than enything... I could mention things like too many silly breakdowns, and music that seemed sterile and without passion, but that doesn't help that much.

Maybe I was just annoyed for other reasons though, like missing all the people that I really wanted to see, I was asleep for Shackleton, Jeff Samuel and Mark Henning. Impressive! heheh.
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

it has maybe not directly so much to do with the thread, but...

afaik every time a new music style was found it consisted in an "exclusive language" that included those who could understand/play this language and excluded those who couldn't. when almost everybody can play (with good or bad results) with the new rules it looses its interest in terms of "exclusivity" and it is time to find a new bright idea...

...obvious and explained like ass but i hope you get the point
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

oblioblioblio wrote:hmm, i was at a music festival at the weekend, and the stage that was dedicated to minimalish technos was very boring for a very large amount of time.

I wasn't there 24/7 but basically every time I went there the music annoyed me, which was pretty sad as the stage had a great set up in terms of location, sound, visuals etc etc.

some big names played there too... steve bug, magda, eulberg, ada to name a few and mostly it was very average, and sometimes bordering on being offensive.

It's a pretty familiar story with most forms of music though. I don't have any worries about decent music going away forever, it just means we won;t get it spoon fed to us again for a while.
if you are talking about the fusion festival, i must say this is 100% my oppinion - the dj-sets of most of the well-known artists were so uninspired and boring that i couldn't believe so many people were dancing to such a crap.