Serato + Ableton announce new partnership

- open
Todd Konix
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Serato + Ableton announce new partnership

Post by Todd Konix »

In response to NI's new Traktor Scratch Pro, Serato have something up their sleeves as well...

DJs, remixers and producers on the forefront of technology, watch out.

Auckland, New Zealand, ( October 17, 2008 )

Serato and Ableton are happy to announce a new partnership, which will pave the way for the future of Digital DJing.

With shared artist rosters from hip-hop (DJ Jazzy Jeff, DJ Nu-Mark, A-Trak) to electronica (Paul Van Dyk, DJ Sasha), both Ableton Live and Serato Scratch Live are renowned as the premier performance platforms in clubs around the globe.

While Serato’s Scratch Live excels in vinyl emulation, music library control and lightning quick hands-on scratching, Ableton Live provides the tools for production, on-the-fly remixing and beat creation.

“Ableton and Serato take different approaches to modern musical performance,” says Ableton CEO Gerhard Behles, “But both companies live by the philosophy that software should be straightforward, easy to use, and most importantly, reliable and stable onstage and in the studio. Ableton has never had an answer for the DJ who wants vinyl control, and rather than try to emulate what Serato do so well, we simply make sure that our products work well together.”

Serato Audio Research CEO Steve West agrees. “After years of talking together, we’re thrilled to be working with Ableton. It’s exciting to think about what we can offer to DJs and producers: the ability tovgo beyond just spinning records and add a personal stamp to the music they play.”

Just where this Serato and Ableton collaboration will take us has yet to be seen but one thing is clear: the worlds of DJing, remixing and production for artists worldwide have changes ahead.

About Ableton
Ableton develops technology to inspire creative people. Since the company started in 1999, Ableton has attracted an extensive and highly committed community of musicians, composers, and DJs worldwide. Currently, Ableton counts about one hundred employees in its Berlin and New York offices. The company has received outstanding press, awards and customer feedback since the unveiling of Live in October 2001.

more details soon.
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Amaaaaazing, Use Live in the studio and Serato on the decks.. Should be a nice combination.. look forward to this partnership.. yahoo
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

tada !!!!!

am aboslute serato + ableton addict as well, so really glad to read that.
was thinking "what's up with rane?" recently - and here's the answer, hopefully it won't get long to present brand new shitttt. ....
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

was looking forward to the ableton and max/msp partnership....

i
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

I imagine this wil be a new (better) box with ableton effects on a serato interface

that's what I'd do anyway...
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
stelmo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stelmo »

i hope they'll keep scratch live as simple as possible, and don't try to push too much effects and candy on it just like "traktor pro"

i just want simple and most reliable control to mix digital files with my vinyl