You artists are blessed

- open
minidine
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

You artists are blessed

Post by minidine »

You artists are blessed, because you can bring the music inside of you out. I have so much music ideas in my head...mindmusic...but alway just in me. I feel, like I could burst *lol* From every noise I hear, there emerges a sound in my mind. The positive thing is, i'm never bored. I never met someone who don't produces or djing and occupies with music as much as I do.

A friend makes techno with Roland, Syntheciser and groove box but only as a hobby and he never let me push any buttons -evil , but i used to sing sometimes and he distort the vocals. And sometimes I play a little bit with the technics of my boyfriend when he's sleeping ;) I'm the person, who gives my boyfriend who is djing tips for records ^^ cause I listen music everytime.

When and how did you start to djing with notebooks or produce music. And....did anybody show you how to use the equipment or was it learning by doing? How expensive was it for you and....has it been worth it?
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

I started 2 years ago when I was 16.. as I got my first gear(some technics and a pioneer)
but I never felt to force myself to learn beatmatching with records...
So after months and months without train I suddenly realized how to beatmatch. So it took a few months actually with not training that hard.
This Year I managed to get first gigs and to see the whole Clink Gang Live which was so outstanding for being a teenager like me.

I did all by myself and think you should do it for yourself as well because nobody can show you the right way , but can help you in finding your way to do it. I think till now I spent like 4000$ on my gear , though I bought everything new , (from TS Pro to my Technics)

Learning by doing is the best way for me
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
minidine
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minidine »

Don't get me wrong, i don't want to become a dj ;)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I started producing in 95... buying strickly hardware only... was very much against computers the first 5 years or so of my journey.. but crossing that line was obviously unavoidable..

I bought keybaords for $1800 US... and a sampler for over $1500 among other over priced fees for amps, mixers , speakers, ect.... - now is an ideal time to pick things up on ebay for 80% what I paid in the 90's..it was very expensive to achieve what you can do now with a few software programs..

very long journey inside your soul... and the exploration of frequencies..no one showed me anything up until ableton came about..music kept me grounded and hands down is the most challenging thing I've ever picked up. - a gigantic (never ending) rubic's cube mind puzzle..

write (every) thought down - even record melodies with a mini tape recorder. if someone will not share their machines with you to help you as a friend explore your expressions - don't allow them into your life. perhaps at times a man's ego is bruised and/or threatened when a woman gets curious - I'm sure I was the same when I was younger but now I embrace the curiosity and open the door for a blend of harmonic energy between man / woman. sharing ideas/expressions with someone on your frequency channel - is a wonderful - and - many times - an irreplaceable spiritual experience.
Last edited by John Clees on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

minidine wrote:Don't get me wrong, i don't want to become a dj ;)
richie doesn't mix any more - dont rule it out..

having better/good taste is perhaps in the forefront now of the skill that is required.

don't limited yourself - anything can be developed with time and passion.

:)
Last edited by John Clees on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

minidine wrote:Don't get me wrong, i don't want to become a dj ;)
well , maybe i kind of overread that.. sorry though hehe

P.S: The last Paragraph was kinda inspiring for me John
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

happy to hear that.. best of wishes in all that you do...

:)
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

if you wanna start producing, just pick a program and start. its really not that hard to make your average techno record. just try and put in a few hours most days.

if you already have a good knowledge of music and have good taste you've got an advantage over a lot of people. theres no point in hanging around wanting to produce music when you could just spend that energy starting. its really not that hard to start.