Hearing Issues

- open
Dark White
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Hearing Issues

Post by Dark White »

Curious to know if anyone of you has suffered from hearing problems after having listened to (extremely) loud music in clubs, parties or elsewhere. Recently i have been affected by tinnitus and i have began worrying about my hearing. I have also noticed that some of my friends, which usually spend their days listening to techno at high volume are also experiencing the same problem and are, in my opinion, becoming slightly deaf. :( What do you say? Any personal experiences?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

when attending a party with very heavy sound and/or I'm really into the moment/music..

I put napkins or toilet paper in my ears.... to (try) to avoid suffering damage..

perhaps it's temporary - the only true way is to go get a hearing test..

their is a earplug thread floating around on here (general section)..

Im sure their were many suggestions in that thread..

if you wanted to go that route.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Hearing Issues

Post by miroslav »

Dark White wrote:Curious to know if anyone of you has suffered from hearing problems after having listened to (extremely) loud music in clubs, parties or elsewhere. Recently i have been affected by tinnitus and i have began worrying about my hearing. I have also noticed that some of my friends, which usually spend their days listening to techno at high volume are also experiencing the same problem and are, in my opinion, becoming slightly deaf. :( What do you say? Any personal experiences?
Did you or your friends ever do anything to protect your ears?

If you didn't, then I'm not sure what you were expecting since you are spending a significant portion of your lives hanging around stuff that produces the same range of decibels as commercial jets taking off.

For God's sake, protect what hearing you have left by starting now...always wear something to protect you ears at a club. Invest in some decent earplugs. I'm always amazed at the number of people at clubs and festivals who apparently just don't care that they are doing permanent damage to their ears.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

my hearing has dramitcally improved since forcing myself just to use my monitors when making a track, alot of the times i would use my headphones all night, and although they are great headphones...

no more constant ringing
signatures suck
Alex Biron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Biron »

the other day I was at an apendix shuffle party. I stuffed some toilet paper in my ears, which is what i do when I forget my headphones and a little piece went all the way to the back of my ear. It really sucked but eventually i got it out. So I would warn people to use big pieces if they try this.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

Alex Biron wrote:the other day I was at an apendix shuffle party. I stuffed some toilet paper in my ears, which is what i do when I forget my headphones and a little piece went all the way to the back of my ear. It really sucked but eventually i got it out. So I would warn people to use big pieces if they try this.
haha fck that. after what you just wrote, there's no way i'm going to waste time with that.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

but in addition - it boggles my mind how the big name dj's...the guys that have been doing it for years and years still hear and can mix so well. no clue how ricardo can still mix the way he does even after all the damage (without a doubt) that he's done to his ears..
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

john clees wrote:when attending a party with very heavy sound and/or I'm really into the moment/music..

I put napkins or toilet paper in my ears.... to (try) to avoid suffering damage..
NEVER do this! I did it a couple of times but the last time, unfortunately, a tiny piece of tissue became lodged quite deep in my ear. I attempted for several hours to remove it using every method known. I ended up in the emergency room & had it removed by a doctor. $300.00 later! :x

Use cotton for a cheap solution. It stays intact & reduces sound much more effectively than paper.
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz