How to get big in Techno - specifically MINIMAL

- open
DeadDummy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

How to get big in Techno - specifically MINIMAL

Post by DeadDummy »

So, a friend and I were chatting and we've figured out the exact way to get famous in the minimal genre.

First, lets speak of m-nus. Personally, I'm from the plus 8 generation and native detroiter. I've been to parties Europeans wish they could've been a part of, but frankly, they were on the other side of this planet. Yes, I've been to the infamous barn on the side of the highway party, but not to a depends party (gabe and dean were always weirdos in my book). I've seen Rich soo many times that if I never see a set of his again, I'd be OK... However, i've never seen enough VaporSpace - only once live at some fairgrounds in Ohio... Anyhow - besides the point...

We all know M-nus runs the minimal techno scene and though you make think this is all the mastermind of one Richard Hawtin, I would say you are seriously wrong... Sure, Rich has the cash but the talent pool? NOPE! Sure, he listens to the demos he gets in but his true cash cow is the ever blooming MAGDA!

I started seeing Magda at Backyard BBQ's in detroit. Then I saw her spin at Timbo's Hall (playing house back then as well) and soon she was working the dance room @ Record Time with that annoying Mike Huckabee... Yeah I said it! Nice guy, but ANNOYING! You can be nice and annoying in the same sentence.

Well, Magda really stepped up her game whilst working at Record Time as the gigs just starting flying in and she was everywhere in Detroit. magda was then full time minus and ended up in NYC.

In NYC she met some friends, whom I first met back during the DEMF = CARL CRAIG days at some E affair at the hotel ponchatrain...

Who were some of the peeps with her from NY at this event:

Well, Jesse Siminski aka Hearthrob, that Ambivalent dude (wearing a pink tee but he was a nice guy) and Troy Pierce...

Also, she knew Marc Houle as well....

While it's great to know Rich in this business, it's KEY to know Magda... It's pretty obvious that the talent has dried up since moving to berlin though as we haven't seen many German artists break the minus threshold.

There is an advantage of being one of the only chicks in the minus crew (besides the behind the scenes team of Katrin and Tim Price) and that is you know all the talent and are responsible for it's fruition...

So, aspiring techno producers stop wasting your time saluting Richie. While I am sure he appreciates it, you really need to be dropping your demos in Magda's record bag and doing what you can to get on her good side.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

can someone delete this trash?
Harlesden
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Harlesden »

hilarious

well done
Nocturnal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Nocturnal »

:lol:

drop a few more names..go on..think you missed a few..or maybe you were too busy licking your own colon :lol:
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

wow...well thanks for sharing those tasty little nuggets of information with us. I'm sure we will all be that much better for it.
DeadDummy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DeadDummy »

just trying to help the world out... what this world needs now is LV, ntgrtn and stmls.... oh sorry I forgot the vowels...
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

ahahhahhahah
the revelation!
dela
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dela »

focking hilarious.