[M 73] Click Box - Shades

- wax
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by masterpiece »

On their introductory Minus EP, Click Box offers a refreshing return to a bygone era of classic instrumentals, full of experimentation and passion generated by that ongoing love affair between man and machine. Berlin Shades starts out in a jittery minimal fashion but soon dives much deeper as the tough electro bassline expands and contracts dragging the dancer to and fro. The cascading hook and in-your-face sci-fi synth motif add a sense of tongue-in-cheek drama to a dynamic arrangement that incorporates steep inclines, sharp drops and snaking pathways. As the short staccato bass riff gains momentum and the hook comes round for the second time you just know something’s lying in wait and the boys certainly don’t disappoint. Lost Road is anything but a blind alley, kicking off with some low-slung interplay between a two-note bassline and a whiplash snare that dishes out a serious spanking. Hi-hats fizz across the audio spectrum, cleverly pitching up and down before a drunken bass sequence ushers in the main section with its sliding, twisted synth distortions primed for surprise and immediate disorientation. Once all the elements are in play, the fun really starts with so many objects of interest competing for attention. The arrangement is pulled and pushed to great effect extracting maximum effect from this tough little unit. More electro flavour to the fore as the loose, broken beat intro and robot sounds of Some Toys make for some slick moves on the dancefloor. The retro synth riffs and dark spiralling pads conjure up images of some early 80s lab full of computer kids in white coats twiddling knobs on huge mainframe monoliths. The bouncing bass and analogue belches make this a must for all retro-tastic electro-boogie fans. The theme continues over into Voxer as rising filtered bass tones playout over another trademark Click Box drum pattern, this time doused in heavy reverb and delay. An array of analogue bleeps, screams and laser beams keep the motor ticking over.
Last edited by masterpiece on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [M 73] Click Box - Shades

Post by upekah »

masterpiece wrote:[M 73] Click Box - Shades

Well no info for now....i think will be released mid april....
It says March in the Minus Newsletter , I think the False EP is also coming before the Louderbach
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [M 73] Click Box - Shades

Post by masterpiece »

anizz wrote:
masterpiece wrote:[M 73] Click Box - Shades

Well no info for now....i think will be released mid april....
It says March in the Minus Newsletter , I think the False EP is also coming before the Louderbach

yeap ...

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=42688
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by masterpiece »

heres the shades from roger:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1exQ47cw5A
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

shades is a stomper!

I have nothing against italians at all but its weird how youtube vids are up with a trackname thats playing.. do they keep some doods starring at the monitor all the time?
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

anizz wrote:shades is a stomper!

I have nothing against italians at all but its weird how youtube vids are up with a trackname thats playing.. do they keep some doods starring at the monitor all the time?
i have always found that a bit sketchy
Harlesden
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Harlesden »

fucking mc's on techno

couldn't imagine hearing anything worse on a night out
AlxP
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by AlxP »

does any1 know whats going on with the release of shades??? M73