Claude VonStroke - Who's afraid of Reason?

- ask away
Glitch-Pimp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Claude VonStroke - Who's afraid of Reason?

Post by Glitch-Pimp »

Heres a vid Claude VonStroke doing a walkthrough of his Reason arrangement of 'Who's Afraid Of Detroit'. For any geeks or noobs out there who may be interested :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_v4fxbq ... r_embedded
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

A good example showing that you can make music on what ever program/equipment as long as you know what you're doing.
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

I use Reason as well and I think it's totally under-rated. It's seems like the people I talked to always get a smile on their face when I mention that I use Reason... :)
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

Thanks for sharing!
Such a great track.
So excited there's so much more to learn. The vocal cutting the delayed note is awesome. also the padding... ah too many things really! will be watching it again later :D
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

sven laux wrote:I use Reason as well and I think it's totally under-rated. It's seems like the people I talked to always get a smile on their face when I mention that I use Reason... :)
Some years ago we released some tracks by a guy called BrightLight, he was also using Reason.
As I wrote, if you know how to use your program then you can do your tracks in any program.

Trentemøller used to use Sony Acid on a Medion laptop pc some years ago.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

very interesting video, thanks a lot.....

and very wise words:
patrick bateman wrote:A good example showing that you can make music on what ever program/equipment as long as you know what you're doing.
why is it that people underestimate/uderate Reason so much? what do they want?
sven laux wrote:I use Reason as well and I think it's totally under-rated. It's seems like the people I talked to always get a smile on their face when I mention that I use Reason... :)
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

because of that i had to dig out my vinyls of the excellent Reasons album on Kanzleramt with Alexander Kowalski, Diego Hostettler & Dennis DeSantis

good sh!t, only made with reason
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

isaaclevy wrote:very interesting video, thanks a lot.....

and very wise words:
patrick bateman wrote:A good example showing that you can make music on what ever program/equipment as long as you know what you're doing.
why is it that people underestimate/uderate Reason so much? what do they want?
Perhaps it is because Reason looks old-fashioned and/or the missing opportunity to use VSTs or whatever... I don't know.