Robag Wruhme style - please help

- ask away
hypnodB
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Robag Wruhme style - please help

Post by hypnodB »

Hello friends :) Robag Wruhme have his unique style if you know what i mean :)
For example, robag - robags bobb 2005 fuer f
OR Robert_Babicz-Prism_(Wighnomy´s_und_Robag_Wruhmes_Prism_Agga_Knakk_Nachwörkk)
I love it :) OR check others from him :)
And I want to know how he do it - this beautiful: cracks, bass lines, effects, ambient sounds etc. - just listen thats tracks for understanding ;) but i'm noobie in producing(i just learn Propellerhead Reason 4 :) ) So may be someone help me,tell tips & tricks,direct me in right way or say his opinion ;) sorry my english,THANK YOU for answers,my friends
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Not sure, but I think I head he uses Ableton solely (plus diverse plugins of course).
cytoplasm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cytoplasm »

gabor uses reaktor and programs his own stuff i think...
best thing for reason would be making drums with subtractor, mangle them with cf, ph and scream, export, cut up, import in nn19/nnxt/redrum to your liking.
basslines is experimentation, try to analyze what waveforms are used and what the filter setting might be, then recreate.
put the rv on the send for a droney sound for ambience maybe?
you're settling yourself a high goal i guess because gabors stuff is ace, weird and kinda unique. (read: hard to imitate with success)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

have you tried contacting him for tips? You never know he might just help.
hypnodB
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hypnodB »

cytoplasm wrote:...(read: hard to imitate with success)
yeah,i know-his style is unique and cant imitate but he and his music INSPIRE me :) give me energy and i want to create...create something in this direction.but i dont know how :(
he has a part of IDM - those fight between light melodies and hard rhytms, a part of techno - those crazy sounds,samples,those ''trrrrr trrrr trrr like sound'',a part of ambient - some of those sounds it's like a morning sunrise energy and etc... may be light and darkness:)
how to make those elements-may be someone khow it
tone-def
i try to contact him,thanks.DO you know how? :)
cytoplasm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cytoplasm »

glitchy idm stuff is all about mangling the sh!t out of samples and then arrange them (do try the rpg8 with some quantisation below 1/16 of short samples [nnxt/nn19, short amp decay, no sustain, 1voice polyphony] to get the bzzzt.)
my reason ships and may arrive tomorrow, maybe i can make something useful and send it to you.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

read the tutorial and learn how to use Reason the right way so you can learn how to use it the absolute wrong way and make some real sh!t.

eventually after thinking all reason's good for is making progressive house, you'll catch yourself making some good sh!t from time to time
signatures suck
cytoplasm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cytoplasm »

mlexicon wrote:read the tutorial and learn how to use Reason the right way so you can learn how to use it the absolute wrong way and make some real sht.

eventually after thinking all reason's good for is making progressive house, you'll catch yourself making some good sht from time to time
there is no wrong way. everything goes [when its still making noise]
thats the fun with reason you can modulate everything to hell and back.
hypnodb, maybe grab the lynda/groovebox reason4 tutorial dvd and work your way through if you dont dig manuals.