Post by Xenobiotic »

theres someone from london here?
i will be there july 7 till couple of days, will be nice if someone tell me
the coolest things for visiting =)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

There are lots of things to visit! It really depends on what sort of trip you are after? Do you want to go clubbing? Or is it a sightseeing trip?
Xenobiotic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

-

Post by Xenobiotic »

i m thinking to visit de classic stuff, museums, streets and stuff and in the night clubing =), u live there?
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

According to my brother who's lived there for several years there is only one thing worth paying for when visiting (out of the touristy stuff, clubs are different obviously)- the London Eye. All the museums have free shows/there are pretty much the same things in another free museum, however the London eye is one of a kind.

Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

i've lived in london for some years and have never been on the eye. its very expensive. but i guess it could be pretty cool! there are plenty of free museums and galleries - although most will have a paying exhibition too. i'd recomend checking out:

the british museum

Tate Modern and the south bank - take a walk across the millenium bridge, visit the tate, then walk down to waterloo bridge past all the cool modernist architecture. pop into the royal festival hall for a coffee too - its free and the interior is as cool as the outside.

the barbican - worth checking out whats going on here although you may have to pay.

brick lane is worth checking out for much smaller exhibitions and trendy bars and curry houses.

erm, theres so much to do in london though! personally i'd avoid the much more touristy things like the tower of london and buckingham palace.

i did go on one of those open top bus tours once for a project i was sorking on and that was very interesting and quick way of seeing lots of things.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i don't like the london eye. i'd rather go thorpe park.
Vian
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Vian »

i love the eye at night, but during the day i think its such a blot on the skyline. meant to be cool though, and its actually got cheaper too i think... (iv never been on it)

you should spend some time at one park, one musuem, one gallery and one club at least. there's a lot to choose from though.

my tip is to go st pauls catherdral, you can walk right up inside the dome and then outside it, great views over the city too.. its one of the nicest buidings in london imo.. and has a bit of history (unlike the eye)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

London has loads of exciting things to do. The London eye is a big tourist trap, there are much better ways of spending your time.

If it's a nice day take a walk in Hyde Park and then down Oxford Street into Covent Gardens. From there walk down to the Embankment and walk along the river where all the street performers are. You can get to the Tate as well from there also if art is your thing.