Prophet 08

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Prophet 08

Post by steevio »

i'm just about to buy a prophet 08, and was wondering if anyone who has one can point out any weaknesses in use etc.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

i want one, but it feels kinda flimsy. That is the only thing I noticed.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

It's not flimsy at all. The only gripe I have with it, is that I find it hard to get anything decent out of it.

Saying that I have only played with it for about an hour though, so maybe im not the best person to be asking.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

::BLM:: wrote:It's not flimsy at all. The only gripe I have with it, is that I find it hard to get anything decent out of it.

Saying that I have only played with it for about an hour though, so maybe im not the best person to be asking.
i'll be giving it a few months before i decide whether i can get anything out of it or not, but i can tell that from the spec that i probably will.

thanks though guys.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

there was a thread on gearslutz about them a while ago. mixed opinions I think.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... wners.html

not sure how useful their opinions are to your decision though. I think lots of people there loved the andromeda, for example.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

oblioblioblio wrote:there was a thread on gearslutz about them a while ago. mixed opinions I think.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... wners.html

not sure how useful their opinions are to your decision though. I think lots of people there loved the andromeda, for example.
haha hose guys are high octane geeks, i thought i was bad.
i'll make my own mind up.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

steevio wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:It's not flimsy at all. The only gripe I have with it, is that I find it hard to get anything decent out of it.

i'll be giving it a few months before i decide whether i can get anything out of it or not, but i can tell that from the spec that i probably will.

thanks though guys.
Omar S uses it.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

i've used it and it's cool but if i was about to make a purchase i would save a little and buy a poly/evolver. To me that one is the real deal, you can make it sound like a prophet anyways.