longest live act you've ever listen?

- open
Pettro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

longest live act you've ever listen?

Post by Pettro »

All I've listen to is in the 60 minutes mark.
I'm interested in seeing how they handle longer live sets.

Have you experienced/listen a live act longer than 2 hours?

Supposedly Bucci and Seph have played live over 4 hours but don't know if this is true.

Any links?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

why should this be difficult?

i think the reason is that there are only very few live acts who anybody would like to hear more than 2 hours

to answer your question
no i never experienced a live act more than 2 hours.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

speedy j did a six hour live pa at yel 2 during the demf about five or six years ago.

started with his super chill / ambient stuff, in to more idm, in to straight up electric delux. was fucking amazing.

::.edit...

the last hour and a half was him and chris liebing together, but speedy was still on the live tip.

http://www.paxahau.com/p4x4hau/index.ph ... &Itemid=54
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

regarding ear fatigue two hours on headphones is pushing it for me, but on loudspeakers i cant see no limit really. sometimes i put mixes in a playlist and just go from there
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

I think most LivePA's I've seen have been around the 1hr mark. I find that most LivePA's tend to stick within a certian sound/mood - and an hour or so of it is all I really 'need'.

The longest Live-set I've heard was probably Johnny D at around 3 hours? but truth be told - after about 2 hours I had my fill - only reason I stuck around longer is because I wanted to see the closing DJ, but by hour 3 I had lost patience and left (I think he played for another hour after that)

Although, his set was more 'Ableton-loopy-set' than 'live' -- I still enjoyed it, but after 2 hours of the same type of sounds I was ready for a change.

If the live-set goes through a few different periods with different styles mixed in - I'd be willing to listen to them as long as they kept it interesting.

Really, as much as I love Sleeparchive's PA's - I don't think I'd want to listen to that type of sound for 2 or 3 hours.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

johnny d playing loopy ableton stuff?! *GASP* no way!!! :roll:

and yes, we had sleeparchive in detroit a few years ago, and i was bored with him after 30min. besides the fact his stuff gets old fast, all he basically did was play the tracks verbatim, so it didn't do anything i didn't already know it would do.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

U know who was pretty cool, and played for quite a long time? Those Galapagos Islands guys. ;) No Im kidding thats what always wants to come out when I want to say Galopierende Zuversicht. These 2 dudes from switzerland, they use all hardware, no comps. Good stuff, they played for like 4 hours or something then they were spinning after that. They were at the bunker, too, I think.

Good stuff
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

mathew jonson, 2.5 hours some years ago in copenhagen.... !