dual monitor setup........

- ask away
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

dual monitor setup........

Post by Raddler »

I just got myself a new computer desktop, and it came without a monitor and i can't decide if i should get 2 smaller monitors(18inches or so) or one big 24". I've never used a dual monitor setup, and I don't know if I'd like it always having to turn my head from side to side!! Although with Logic I think it would make sense to have the mixer on one and the arrangement on another, but is it that necessary? How has having two monitors affected you're workflow? Sure could use some feedback to make my decision easier!!
Last edited by Raddler on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saymore
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Saymore »

One of my mate is using Reason with dual monitor. One for the mixer/instruments rack and one for the arranger.

It works really great as you dont need resize the windows in order to make everything visible and I guess that speeds up your work in the long run. I suggest you go with the dual monitor.

Cheers and just my humble opinion :D
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

I was using 2 - 19" monitors and switched to a 32" lcd tv (as my studio is in my bedroom and wanted to save some space). I'm seriously thinking about switching back to 2 monitors as it has definately slowed down my working process.

So Id suggest going with 2 monitors and Id also suggest going widescreen as the extra couple of inches in width are very handy.
Christ Lewis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Christ Lewis »

Saymore wrote:One of my mate is using Reason with dual monitor. One for the mixer/instruments rack and one for the arranger.

It works really great as you dont need resize the windows in order to make everything visible and I guess that speeds up your work in the long run. I suggest you go with the dual monitor.

Cheers and just my humble opinion :D
Seconding the joy of Reason on two screens. I know nothing about Logic though.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

it's definitely better to have two monitors.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

logic is much better on two screens. it's so much nicer having the mixer on one screen and the arrange on the other. if i wasn't planning on going OTB for mixing i'd get two monitors.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I have always worked on one monitor, but I'm just about to move into a studio so will be using two. Will be much easier as I can now see both pages in Ableton.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

::BLM:: wrote:I have always worked on one monitor, but I'm just about to move into a studio so will be using two. Will be much easier as I can now see both pages in Ableton.
What do you mean by "both pages?" Is there a secret way to see the 2 views?
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk