mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

*Mille-Plateaux relaunch 2010

Post by . »

sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

I just sent some tracks to them a while ago, but the new guy who is doing all the managment stuff was really strange. Hopefully the label will be as excellent as it was before the change in their management...
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

i doubt it will. all the other force inc labels turned out much worse when they were resurrected.
explosion
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

--

Post by explosion »

I don't believe that the MP relaunch will have the same impact as before the crash. the reason why it was so good was because of the former A&R. all relaunched labels like force tracks and force inc released worse music.
MP -> RIP
c'a va bien ?
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by . »

I guess we are gonna have to wait. There is a note saying "something", at their site:

http://www.mille-plateaux.net/statement/index.htm
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

[wow] :!:
we are aware of the issues many of you had with the previous owners of Dear Artists,

we are aware of the issues many of you had with the previous owners of Mille Plateaux. We highly discourage such behaviour. However, we weren't aware of the entire situation when we acquired Mille Plateaux from Disco Inc. in April 2008.

About digital sales after 2003
A range of titles remained for sale in online stores after the bankrupcy of Force Inc. Music Works.
In August 2008, we finally managed to have the digital distributor www.irisdistribution.com (matt@irisdistribution.com) take down all relevant tracks from online stores. By now, they should be offline.
However, we'd like to point out that we never received any monies at all from those online sales. All we got from this is a lot of work, trouble and (understandable but unjustified) mistrust. Also no involved party except us has been helpful (= interested) in resolving this matter, making things troublesome and slow.
We now have detailed statements about digital sales by Disco Inc. thru IRIS from October 06 till July 2008. We contacted Bernd from Disco Inc. about this and asked him to pay those royalties to artists and officially and publicly take responsibility and thus free myself, my company Total Recall and the new Mille Plateaux from any doubts. On November 2nd, 2008 Bernd replied he doesn't see any need to do that. He told me any claims should be addressed to him (beboquin@force-tracks.net). We can only recommend you to do so asap.

Alternatively, I can offer everyone to take the apropriate steps on your behalf. On the www.plateauxfestival.pl, all 8 participating artists i talked to about this agreed to authorize me accordingly. If you want to join in, simply email or fax me the filled and signed license agreement. (Initially, we planned to do this by some authorisation, but our legal advisor told us that this would be illegal forbidden, because I would put myself in the position of a lawyer.)

However, we can not be satisfied with this situation. Currently we get all the bad credit from former Mille Plateaux artists, while we are 100% not responsible, Disco. Inc. claims everything is correct and we have proof of royalties received by Disco Inc. Consequently, we will take appropriate steps with any former Mille Plateaux owners to clean this up.
We also have knowlege about publishing funds related to Mille Plateux beeing received by parties who shouldn't. We can only offer all artists to assist with all these issues.

I would greatly appreciate any message from former artists confirming the acknowledgement of the above.

About Achim Szepanski
We originally planed to work with Achim as a freelance A&R and consultant. It turned out that a fruitful cooperation wasn't possible at all. In fact, we now have business claims against him ourselves. As of Summer 2008, we no longer have any relationship with Achim whatsoever. Noone here has personal objections against him and we all only hope he will overcome his own issues.

About Milleplateauxmedia
The works released under MPM have been acquired by us. They will be released digitally now under Mille Plateaux. We are also in possession of the remaining physical stock. We are currently distributing and retailing those releases. The ownership of these goods isn't clear even to us. However, both stock and funds resulting from sales will be held until all licensing facts are fully clear.

About us
My company Total Recall is in the music sales & distribution business since 1993 - just as long as Mille Plateaux existed. You will find us on all important music platforms incl. Amazon, Ebay, Gemm etc. I am a musician myself, and my former labels owe me big time for my band OKAY, believe me.

The future of Mille Plateaux
Musically, you can rest assured that Mille Plateaux will continue to walk the path of innovation and will be even more open to explore new grounds of art.

We will continue releasing September 2009, including

new sublabels
electroacoustic music
audiovisual art on DVD
Clicks & Cuts 5
digital re-releases of former MP titles

Though we would sure love to win former artists back to Mille Plateaux, we fully understand you have reason enough not to consider this. However, should you think about giving us a chance (e.g. for digital re-releases or a), we will do everything to make such descision as easy as possible.

We are here to prove that Mille Plateaux is back, and that the "dark side of the Force (Inc.)" has been defeated. I hope for your trust and understanding.

Thank you, Marcus Gabler.
(Owner / A&R Mille Plateaux)

PS: Of course, everyone is invited to contact me anytime.
locked_groove
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by locked_groove »

does anyone want to give a brief explanation as to what happened please...?
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

locked_groove wrote:does anyone want to give a brief explanation as to what happened please...?
this is a very long, messy and difficult story that no one wants to talk about.

trust me on this...