Top 100 best albums

- open
ParanoidDancer
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by ParanoidDancer »

Nice to see that they included 'the avalanches' at #7. Essential but sometimes overlooked album if you ask me.
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

Preferred FACT magazines list, but some awesome stuff on both.
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

I remember Alcachofa blew me away when it was first released. What an awesome album 8)
ParanoidDancer
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by ParanoidDancer »

Del wrote:I remember Alcachofa blew me away when it was first released. What an awesome album 8)
I agree. Well deserved to be in the top spot as far as dance music goes. Also the description by RA takes you back to the first few time you heard it:
"For now" meant that there were ever-so-slight concessions to the masses. You would never hear the desiccated voice of "Easy Lee" nor would things ever get quite as easy as "Dexter" in a Villalobos track ever again. But the particular genius of Alcachofa is that you only realized that things like "Easy Lee" and "Dexter" were anthems after you listened to them for the second, third or 15th time. It's a nearly impossible trick, making tracks that kept you dancing but which still give up new secrets each time that you hear them. Seven years later, we're still hearing things. – Todd L. Burns
Villa's greatest achievement. (so far?)
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yeah maybe, also the fabric mix was really something wonderful

why it doesnt count as album?
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Easy Lee is one of my all around least-favorite tracks. Any time I download a set and hear that song, it makes me cringe.

I find it odd, that for all of the other amazing tracks he has - Easy Lee is the one most people seem to go off about, but it rubs me the wrong way to no end.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

15. The Other People Place - Lifestyles of the Laptop Café

Love this one!