Where are you at in your productions?

- ask away
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

::BLM:: wrote:
Myfirstcasio wrote:@ Alex M, Murgit and mlexicon - Cheers for the advise and kind words guys! I was thinking about remixing my mates tunes actually... The thing is, even though I find if frustrating I can stop loving the process. Hopefully that will see me through.

Are there any intermediate courses out there that anyone could suggest? Something to help get me over the hump as it were. I feel I have been stuck there for a long time!

Also, sorry for diverting the subject of the thread some.
You could look on youtube for things you want to learn. At the moment I'm taking a online course in Reaktor supplied by someone via youtube vids.
link plz?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Daemonix wrote:
Myfirstcasio wrote:@ Alex M, Murgit and mlexicon - Cheers for the advise and kind words guys! I was thinking about remixing my mates tunes actually... The thing is, even though I find if frustrating I can stop loving the process. Hopefully that will see me through.

Are there any intermediate courses out there that anyone could suggest? Something to help get me over the hump as it were. I feel I have been stuck there for a long time!

You could look on youtube for things you want to learn. At the moment I'm taking a online course in Reaktor supplied by someone via youtube vids.
link plz?
www.youtube.com
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

tone-def wrote:
Daemonix wrote:

link plz?
www.youtube.com
really?!?!!? :D :D :D
neotron54
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by neotron54 »

For starters, it may worth check out the Minimal Pop package from samplerbanks, it sounds cool and you can check all the song elements.
Neotron54
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

Cheers dude. Thing is I feel I have got to a point with online videos and online tutorials. I've learned a lot but I feel like I need someone to give me some direct feedback and assistance in what I am doing wrong as well as confirmation of what I am doing right. There are a few ways I could go about this but one would be to look into courses.
jacksonick
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Where are you at in your productions?

Post by jacksonick »

I'm starting to think that I'm not tortured enough to make decent music :(
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

jacksonick wrote:I'm starting to think that I'm not tortured enough to make decent music :(
don't think like that. Everyone is some distance away from chaos, even if it's in front of you, or parallel to you.

Ian Curtis was king of being a tortured artist and the guy was a total fucking cnt.

All you need is passion and commitment and honesty.
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

I'm starting to think that I'm not tortured enough to make decent music :(
I think that is a complete load of 19th century romantic bullshit.

The secret to good music is talent and a work ethic. Don't buy into that tortured artist crap; just sit down, clear your mind, and get to work.