percussion synth

- ask away
locket
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

percussion synth

Post by locket »

hey guys, im fairly new to production and making minimal, i am wanting to create my own percussion sounds kick drums and all other percussion sounds, I was wondering what is a good synth, for this, i have looked at microtonic and just had a quick look at waldorf attack but it looks like just a drum synth, I am willing to get a couple of synths to do what i need as in one for drum sounds and another for other percussion sounds.

Thanks any help is appreciated
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

drumaxx more control
its all about the rhythm
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

I was actually just about to ask something along the same lines. Anyone have any preferences for drum synthesis - I guess something with particularly tweakable envelope shapes etc? I keep finding myself going back to 808 and 909 sounds and haven't synthesised anything in a while...
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Are you looking for a drum machine or synth?
you can make drums and percussions with subtractive and FM synths. but youll need an instance for each sound.
with drum machines usually you can only adjust a few parameters but you also have a built in sequencer.
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

Stomper wrote:Are you looking for a drum machine or synth?
you can make drums and percussions with subtractive and FM synths. but youll need an instance for each sound.
with drum machines usually you can only adjust a few parameters but you also have a built in sequencer.
Synth. Some are more versatile than others when it comes to synthesising drums - different envelope shapes, different envelope destinations, etc. Was just wondering if anyone had any particular recommendations apart from microtonic and attack...
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

drumaxx
its all about the rhythm
locket
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by locket »

cool drummaxx its ridiculously cheap until the 31 march, payt what you think its worth, so thats really recommended then, i'l probably have to get it.
Is that good for all percussion aswel as kick drums.