Hardware soundmodules

- ask away
lcaise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Hardware soundmodules

Post by lcaise »

Hello guys

What hardware sound modules are You use? I'm interested in minimal-house and deep-house sounds.
I thought about rack mounted modules :)

Please let me know, greats and happy eastern!
facebook.com/lcaise.official
facebook.com/tanztonerecords
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

You don't need a new synthesizer, you need to learn synthesis.

The only digital rack module i have is Novation A-Station. it can sound very digital sometimes, and it can be a pain to program with that 2 digits LCD. but i like it :)

Stomper
lcaise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcaise »

I'm looking some soundmodule for basslines, rhodes, deep-pads and leads.

:)
facebook.com/lcaise.official
facebook.com/tanztonerecords
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

i like my microq , you should go for blofeld but its not rackmount...
its all about the rhythm
deadlyfreq
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by deadlyfreq »

whenever i hear sound module i automatically think rompler..

but if we're talking about synths, which i assume is the case, then there are much cheaper alternatives available in the software realm. there are lots of software synths that stack up against their hardware counterparts. IMO you shouldn't be getting a hardware synth nowadays unless you know what you want and why you want it.
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

I used to own a RedSound Darkstar and Darkstar XP2; I wish there was a plugin version. They were cheap VAs with a quirky sound all their own. I liked them a lot.

Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

deadlyfreq wrote:whenever i hear sound module i automatically think rompler..

but if we're talking about synths, which i assume is the case, then there are much cheaper alternatives available in the software realm. there are lots of software synths that stack up against their hardware counterparts. IMO you shouldn't be getting a hardware synth nowadays unless you know what you want and why you want it.
yeah better stick to your mouse
its all about the rhythm
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

lcaise wrote:I'm looking some soundmodule for basslines, rhodes, deep-pads and leads.

:)
I did not mean to offend you if thats the case.
Im only saying you need to learn synthesis beacuse you say you want a sound module. but you did not say how many oscs you want, if you want multimode filter, how many filters, multitimbral ect.
Any synth can do bass, leads, pads and effects. but it will sound different in each module and your approach will change depending on which module you use.
So i think its best to experiment on soft synths and know what you need and want before you spend any money.

Stomper