for the label owners out there

- ask away
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

for the label owners out there

Post by Brian Ffar »

Have you seen piracy any worse then it is currently? I haven't. It seems like every day a new release pops up on an illegal download site and more and more voids pile up.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: for the label owners out there

Post by livecollective »

Brian Ffar wrote:Have you seen piracy any worse then it is currently? I haven't. It seems like every day a new release pops up on an illegal download site and more and more voids pile up.
people are putting up our free releases on torrent sites, its like a social mass indexing of information on the internet free or stolen.

curious times we live in. I wonder how this will pan out, I have so many theories I can't even decide on one, regardless this is something we have to accept. Part of the reason I have moved to free releases because of more exposure than when selling digitally, and that I found digital releases not to be a viable solution for what I wanted to do.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

It's really bad at the moment yeah. Our vinyl only label has been put up all over the place, more then fear of flying ever has. Such a pisstake when you're selling only 400 vinyl of something that is meant to be limited. When the scene is so small it really hurts!
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

Where do the rips come from?

Is there seriously some guy who buy the vinyl for 8 Euro and rip it afterwards?

If i invest 8 Euro in an LP, i wouldnt give it free to everyone afterwards..
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Themis wrote:Where do the rips come from?

often enough it happens that people indeed buy your tracks on Beatport and in one clean swoop they put them on their blog. Honestly can't see why on earth you would do that.
And vinyl only stuff is indeed also getting ripped like crazy. Even the promos get put online faster then you can get them to the few stores left standing.

Seems like for some people it all really needs to get to a point where there will indeed be nothing left to upload because they will have killed off everything.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Within that community there are also rock stars, so a person who get 1 of the 10 promos that Perlon sends out, and can supply this to his 'group' will of course be a star for these people...

That's how it works.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Can the label owners/artists just get the files removed?
Edward_Molton
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Edward_Molton »

patrick bateman wrote:

Within that community there are also rock stars, so a person who get 1 of the 10 promos that Perlon sends out, and can supply this to his 'group' will of course be a star for these people...

That's how it works.
Indeed but it's also a bit the fault of big superstar dj's who get lot's of promo's and if they don't like them just bring them to second hand shops before the release date.

I assume if Perlon sends like 10 promo's they have an idea who those people are. So it's every ones responsibility to make sure the scene stays healthy. Especially with promo's or tracks that aren't released yet.