Help - Japanese Akai MPC 60 II

- ask away
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Help - Japanese Akai MPC 60 II

Post by gowans »

Hi I've just acquired an MPC 60 II, I've checked the rear panel and it has a [J] symbol near my power supply. I've read the forums and this indicates its a japanese model and it has 100V - 25W - 50/60Hz wrote on the rear panel.

What I need help on is how to go about getting this unit hooked up so I can use it, I've read the forums and came across a post saying I need a stepdown transformer from UK power to Japanese voltage. Is it as simple as this? I've searched google looking for a stepdown transformer but the technical jargon gets the best of me as theres a huge list of different kinds with different amps you can find them here: http://www.airlinktransformers.com/japa ... ormers.asp

Do I also need to be very careful of the ampage I select, I really don't want to blow my MPC!

The cable that came with my MPC is a 2 pin plug that is plugged into a multiadapter that allows multiple socket types to be converted to japanese 2 pin plugs. This is whats confusing me also? Should it not of came with a japanese power cable as this power cable is 10/16A 250V 2 Pin cable? If anyone can help me asap with this I'd hugely appreciate it, I've been after one of these units for long and to finally have one and not use it is killing me!

Cheers.
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

sorry could this be moved to the producing forum? my mistake.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

yes mate you just need a voltage converter, and you just plug the two pin plug into it and away you go.

heres the kind of thing you want ;

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?moduleno=13358

dont worry that it says UK to USA, its still 110V and its the same plug, but if you want to conform that send them an email.

the only thing to watch out for is the current draw, make sure you get a big enough convertor to cover the current. you should be able to get away with a quite small one.

i bought one of these for my japanese Roland space echo.
loranga
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loranga »

Does the MPC use an ac/dc adapter or do you plug a powercord from the unit straight to the outlet?
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

cheers steevio, i've went and grabbed a 45W japanese converter from airlink transformers, 28quid with vat and delivery! :shock: lorango its an ac power cable going into mpc, a euro 2 pin power cable going into a USA adapter, hopefully everything will be sound!