Richie Hawtin introduces Griid for iPad/iPhone

- ask away
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Richie Hawtin introduces Griid for iPad/iPhone

Post by KrisM »

Saw this over on the Ableton forums, thought it might be of interest over here.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=12386
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Personally, I'm not into the whole touch screen thing. A lot of times you gotta touch it just right to get what you want (i have an iphone). I like my audio equipment to have a knob or button or slider or whatever. Plus ipad's are fuckin stupid.

I fuckin hate ritchie hawtin anymore. I remember in the 90's when I saw him it was amazing (granted I was 19 at the time). Now, you couldn't pay me to see that guy.

Sorry for the rant. 8)
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i like knobs and machines with near permanent designs.

i don't want to get sucked into iphones and ipads and iapplemakemoremoneyfromme's .

I watched that slices Hawtin documentary. I've never really given much of a sh!t about that guy to be honest. I'm from the 4th or 5th or 6th echno generation. Mostly all I saw of Hawtin was his washed out commercial aesthetics. (though I recall some pretty rocking minus vinyls).

I reckon he has another period or 2 in his life of making some incredible music, but i think there is a definite ebb and flow of him being a bit annoying and him being interesting.
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

Phase Ghost wrote:Personally, I'm not into the whole touch screen thing. A lot of times you gotta touch it just right to get what you want (i have an iphone). I like my audio equipment to have a knob or button or slider or whatever. Plus ipad's are fuckin stupid.

I fuckin hate ritchie hawtin anymore. I remember in the 90's when I saw him it was amazing (granted I was 19 at the time). Now, you couldn't pay me to see that guy.

Sorry for the rant. 8)
I like Richie. I've grown tired of the music he plays, but he is still a legend and he is still pushing the envelope. I agree that the ipad is stupid, but i think it's nice that he's trying out new platforms. And i rather see Richie rocking the ipad than that annoying "ipad-dj"-girl who's been haunting my dreams.
zarbeat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zarbeat »

Geee why so much hate ? Any way I do not agree when it comes to calling the iPad stupid, Im a proud owner of one and I got it for the only purpose of using it as a midi controller during my performances and at the studio is super accurate :) and bulletproof the reason why our iPhones aren't is due to 1)big fat fingers and 2) really tiny space bewten the micro touch sensors on the screen that changes so much on the ipad I was tired of having to buy a controllers that I had to find a way to work around whit :s whit this there is a little app called touch osc that is what I mainly run on the ipad just google it and you will see what I'm talking about ;)
ekwipt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ekwipt »

:shock:
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

anyone else think the name of this soft is a bit funny?

griid.... pronounced greed? :shock:
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Phase Ghost wrote:Personally, I'm not into the whole touch screen thing. A lot of times you gotta touch it just right to get what you want (i have an iphone). I like my audio equipment to have a knob or button or slider or whatever. Plus ipad's are fuckin stupid.

Sorry for the rant. 8)
:shock: