[M 93] Heartthrob - Setting Up

- wax
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by masterpiece »

Thats what i been waiting for... :!:

Its been almost 2 years since Jesse's album "Dear Painter , Paint Me" on Minus......Here's the new material from him...

Romance isn’t necessarily a bundle of flowers, long walks on the beach and boxes of chocolate. Sometimes the most obvious romantic gestures are simply ploys to convey disingenuous 'feelings'. Usually, it takes much more work. In Jesse Siminski (aka Heartthrob)’s world, the dancefloor is his lover; his romantic tale is one exploding with emotions and a multi-colored spectrum of sonic seduction. Through and through, his expertly produced pieces whisper those much desired sweet nothings into your ear, while the wind from the bass bin blows behind your neck, creating those all-too familiar goose-bumps. Heartthrob knows exactly what he is doing with his music, and his latest release for Minus, Setting Up is poised to have the crowds swooning over his sound once again, desperate for his aural attention while sweating the night away in a perpetual state of techno bliss.

Title track, Setting Up teases the listener with a well crafted hypnotic strut, with an insatiable marching rhythm structure. A sense of playful optimism defines it, with Heartthrob’s keen ability to tickle the listener's ear drums with a patient and inviting aesthetic, slowly but surely easing them into a state of bliss. A bubbling, arpeggiated undercurrent fuels the track, while subtle voices whisper secrets amidst the alternating hard and soft melody.

In a world of desire, oftentimes it’s necessary to give subtle signals to display feelings of interest. Such is the case with Your Body, on which Heartthrob picks up the pace, casually utilizing his vocals as a featured instrument in the flirtatious overall palette. Spastic jazzy key strokes and a resolutely upbeat dance track confidently toy with the notion of bringing the party into peak time, yet retain a sense of mystery and perfectly executed restraint.

The most techno-centric track on the EP belongs to the electronic body music tinged Dancing. Simply put, this recording defines the moment when everything is going just as planned, and it’s time to shake it. A straight forward stomper of a track based around an incredibly dynamic polyphonic synth hook and a pristine arrangement.

Finally, when the vibe is at its most kinky, In My Room is the right ingredient to heat things up to boiling point. This is utterly filthy dance music with a devilish glint in its eye. The addition once again of Heartthrob voice crooning ‘Tell me the things you dream about, when you close your eyes...lips ass and thighs” has us certain that lust will dominant the minds of all within listening range.

Produced with an onslaught of analogue equipment, and the helpful engineering ear of techno veteran Tobias Freund, ‘Setting Up’ is a balance of infatuation and desire. A techno romance novel not suited for the meek, but perfect for those who wish to trap dancers on the floor and keep them moving until the music has faded and the crowd is left panting with exhaustion.

A1. Setting Up
A2. Your Body
B1. Dancing
B2. In My Room

Digital Bonus Track: Diaghilev

Release Date Physical: July 26th, 2010
Release Date Digital: July 28th, 2010

http://www.wordandsound.de/article/66572
Last edited by masterpiece on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eneigbours
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Eneigbours »

Can't wait !!! :)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

since this posted was first : it will always trump a previous post.

lots of different expressions with this...

(you body) is my favorite..
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

yeah, but why always the arty farty crap which is written about it...i mean, blabla romantic gestures....it's just dance music ;)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Kiani wrote:yeah, but why always the arty farty crap which is written about it...i mean, blabla romantic gestures....it's just dance music ;)
because it's jesse.. if you knew him you'd exactly understand why...

he's full of love and romantic gestures... music is art for most people..

;)
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

tis release is not for me :(
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
tdmusic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tdmusic »

First minus release I've been excited about for a long while. Sounds lovely.