hifi loudspeaker system?

- ask away
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

hifi loudspeaker system?

Post by 4am »

hi
i'm planning to replace my old hifi speakers (good but 25 year old), and i'm looking for something new, only to listen to music in my living room. i already have a good amplifier, so not looking for active ones.

i've had a look at the bose systems (the ones with satellites and woofer) but it seems to lack on the medium range for me.

other candidates are klipsch and infinity loudspeakers, but wanted to know if anyone has a good suggestion that i can test. (not only for electronic music).

thanks

am
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I used to have the JBL 4410, I know this actually is a studio monitor, but fck me they had a great sound...
They go pretty cheap used now.
bum-tak
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bum-tak »

dali ikon 6!!!!!
very bomb ep congrats @ all
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

/__/\ /__/\ /__/\
| |::\ \ \:\ | |::\
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: hifi loudspeaker system?

Post by NewSc2 »

4am wrote:hi
i'm planning to replace my old hifi speakers (good but 25 year old), and i'm looking for something new, only to listen to music in my living room. i already have a good amplifier, so not looking for active ones.

i've had a look at the bose systems (the ones with satellites and woofer) but it seems to lack on the medium range for me.

other candidates are klipsch and infinity loudspeakers, but wanted to know if anyone has a good suggestion that i can test. (not only for electronic music).

thanks

am
Klipsch are solid. I bought a pair of Swan Diva's from av123.com (who now distribute "Rockets") -- apparently they were good quality American designed/Chinese knockoff B&W's. Still use them to this day. Very good.

Might wanna check out home theater forums for more info. avsforum.com was a good resource.
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

532nm wrote:Image
ooo yaaa....
with 27k you get also the sub and a coffee with basil.....
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

What's your budget ?
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

Storlon wrote:What's your budget ?
under 1000 CHF (750 euros)...
have found an interesting link here http://www.azone.ch/catalog/Standlautsprecher/Jamo/