Tips for Converting to mp3 and mixdown.

- ask away
skorzy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Tips for Converting to mp3 and mixdown.

Post by skorzy »

Lately i've been studying allot about mixdown and EQ etc. I was very satisfied with how my latest song improved soundquality wise due to what i've learned.

But now i placed my song on soundcloud (http://soundcloud.com/noctua/distorted-reality if you wanna hear) and i feel like i lost half of my power. I already noticed that i lose a bit of power when converting to mp4 (i just use iTunes for this) and i lost a huge amount of quality when i placed it on soundcloud.

Are there any tricks to minimize this effect?

Owh, and that sound at 20s is also something that happened exporting to WAV, had it a couple of times before, anyone knows how i can solve that?
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

What were your conversion settings in iTunes?
skorzy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by skorzy »

I use the highest settings when converting to wav in ableton. In itunes i just transform to wav to AAC with iTunes. I have no conversion options for that. I heard roxio toast is good for converting, anyone got any experience with that?
skorzy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by skorzy »

I haven't found any good converter on Mac yet. And i don't want to upload the 700mb wav file to soundcloud. So atm it's the only option i have available, i'm gonna try out roxio toast soon to see if that works better.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

700 mb? you have an hour long track?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

skorzy wrote:I haven't found any good converter on Mac yet. And i don't want to upload the 700mb wav file to soundcloud. So atm it's the only option i have available, i'm gonna try out roxio toast soon to see if that works better.
Sorry, but I really don't understand what you are writing.

You must have recorded a dj mix, since it's 700 mb long in wav quality.
Now, in the program you have recorded this, why don't you save it directly down to a 320mb mp3 file? If the program can't do this, use Amadeus Pro or itunes to do it.
But don't do it to aac, do it directly to mp3.

Works perfect for me.
skorzy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by skorzy »

I just use ableton live, if i use export audio/video function. I can only chose WAV as file type, as sample rate i take 192000 and bit depth 32. Should i just lower the sample rate?