movement/accents on percussion

- ask away
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

haha yeh well ive got a hot cup of tea and im waiting for cubase to load!
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Casanova808 wrote:There is crazy bromance percolating through this bitch.
lol :lol:
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

you should follow some djembe workshops, it's real fun (especially with a crazy african instructor). you'll learn much about rhythm, which you can apply at home or whatever.
dubgil2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil2 »

Casanova808 wrote:I am not trolling. I am genuinely trying to help him.

The best piece of advice that I can give you is to not listen to any of these clowns when it comes to drums. Listen to old 70's jazz and funk records. The last thing you want to do is sound like a bunch of washed up mnml euro-weenies.
70's jazz and funk records rarely had drum machines, more often live drummers, what are you advising him to do, record live drummers into Live (certainly an option for certain styles of music) I thought you said get his ass a drummachine.

maybe you should suggest he listen to Afrika Bambatta or something, but certainly not 70's jazz and funk records
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

totally o.t. but whatever.

i think 'funk' comes from a natural source when you are straight with yourself... true to your roots or however you wanna say it.

e.g. Wighonomy Bros. Those guys are just real. They are making the music that they wanna make. I don't think they say 'Gabor, more funk', they just do what is natural and meaningful for them.

[ maybe i talk sh!t . / ? ]
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

oblioblioblio wrote: e.g. Wighonomy Bros. Those guys are just real. They are making the music that they wanna make. I don't think they say 'Gabor, more funk', they just do what is natural and meaningful for them.
isn't that what we all do?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i thought i didn't have any natural groove. that i had to listen to all these other records of people who had groove and look for a special recipe. but i need to respect myself and make my own grooviness in my own way.
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

dubgil2 wrote:
Casanova808 wrote:I am not trolling. I am genuinely trying to help him.

The best piece of advice that I can give you is to not listen to any of these clowns when it comes to drums. Listen to old 70's jazz and funk records. The last thing you want to do is sound like a bunch of washed up mnml euro-weenies.
70's jazz and funk records rarely had drum machines, more often live drummers, what are you advising him to do, record live drummers into Live (certainly an option for certain styles of music) I thought you said get his azz a drummachine.

maybe you should suggest he listen to Afrika Bambatta or something, but certainly not 70's jazz and funk records
haha, you're dumb.

If you listen to nothing but techno and you make techno, you are going to suck at techno. If you can't find good musical ideas outside of electronic music and then be able to apply them to electronic music, you should give up.

Seriously, give all your sh!t away to someone who can actually put it to use. Sell it and feed the homeless, get into pen and paper role playing games, start knitting, buy a big pile of drugs, anything, because it will come to no good as long as you own it.