909 help

- ask away
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

909 help

Post by MarcAshken »

Does anyone know if it's possible to program a 909 in track mode while it's slaved to an external sequencer or do I have to keep switching back to the internal clock? Also is there any way to save the global settings when I power the machine off? Is that what the cartridge is for? x
moveable parts
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: 909 help

Post by moveable parts »

MarcAshken wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to program a 909 in track mode while it's slaved to an external sequencer or do I have to keep switching back to the internal clock? Also is there any way to save the global settings when I power the machine off? Is that what the cartridge is for? x
Hi there Marc,

It's been a couple years since I have owed a 909, so I am just going based off memory. I may be wrong. The answer to your first question is no.Basically, when you slave the 909 you are disabling or turning off the 909 internal sequencer as well as the ability to drive another instrument via midi. Thus it becomes a drum(sound) module.
Personally if I were going to slave the 909 to a sequencer, I would just program the 909 from the sequencer on its own midi channel rather than going back and forth from slave to track program mode. Seems like a PITA to me. As far a your question regarding global setting. The cartridge is for saving patterns not globals. The 909 is a very basic drum machine. Which is one of the reasons its so awesome!
take care
d
The beat is like a river....it must flow.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Just record the audio and be done with it you big girl.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

cheers for that moveable mate, what u say makes sense, ive memorized the relevent key commands now so is all good, still a ballache tho
x