Florida / Orlando

- open
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Florida / Orlando

Post by PsyTox »

Going to Orlando, FL this week for business and will be there till 19th, so that means during the weekend too. Was wondering if there's anything decent in the neighborhood to go out, and with decent I mostly mean musically speaking :) techno, minimal, house, all good, just as long as I don't have to hear Lady Gaga, hiphop or elektro cheese.
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

My friend said that Sky 60 has house DJs on a lot of nights. It's not 100% free of electro-cheeze, but it's a supposed to be nice place.
some reviews:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/sky-60-orlando
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

Universal studios and their sister park islands of adventure!!
a bit down the road but busch gardens in tampa bay is fun!
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

ChrisCV wrote:Universal studios and their sister park islands of adventure!!
a bit down the road but busch gardens in tampa bay is fun!
Yeah bush gardens is great!
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

check out this forum for events in the area:

http://8up.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=2& ... db82b8f9f2

Suite B is in Orlando i believe.

for the time period you will be here, i guess check out josh wink and chris fortier in tampa this friday night at hpc if you feel like driving 45min from orlando.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

45 minutes is peanuts :)
Nice one, Josh wink!
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

Josh Wink was terrible at DEMF before Richie? Just sayin.
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

Hutch wrote:Josh Wink was terrible at DEMF before Richie? Just sayin.
But, Josh is a handsome man, and he has nice hair?

Psytox, its 45min if you leave around 9pm and maintain at least 80mph the majority of the way. But you should also come back the next night on Saturday ...

On saturday nights in st pete there is the rooftop of Push. music is deep house and tech house and a bit of slo mo disco edits, really nice up 4 stories, open air under the stars in the heart of the city. my friend runs that night and i dj there sometimes but not this week because i'll be out of town. i swear im unbiased here but the night has been doing really well lately and getting busier every week. And also on saturday nights in st pete, right next to Push on the same city block is Cafe Alma which is also mainly deep house and tech house but they also have dubstep. That place is real nice too with a courtyard. They were slow at first but lately its really doing well also.

Saturday nights in Tampa: one is Jackson's but music is like swedish house mafia which i dont think youll like but its a huge outdoor courtyard on the water with a really nice view of the city and its usually packed with lots of jersey shore type crowd with fist pumping etc but worth checking out if nothing else but for just the spectacle of seeing that many people who are blatant with their jersey shore style and are full aware of it and are proud of it. The other is Aja at channelside which is tech house and techno and its actually really damn good ... sometimes, very luciano'ish.

Push rooftop, Alma, Jackson's, Aja, and HPC are all actually very classy venues. With the exception of Jackson's the music is actually really very good at all of them. Oh i forgot, the biggest club night in the whole area the award for that definitely goes to Czar on friday nights but its indie electro but lately they have been doing the slo mo disco thing, just last week they had Greg Wilson, so its better lately.

Orlando used to have a more thriving scene than Tampa but I have to say the place has been kind of dead lately. you'll have to trust me that i am putting my bias aside for my local area for a moment here and say you should just hit up tampa area both friday and sat nights this weekend and skip orlando altogether, or maybe hit up orlando for events mid week.

so your itenerary would be: friday night, stop by Czar for early drink specials, then drive 15min over to HPC for Josh Wink. Ask for Butch for bartender, tell him steveo sent you, he will hook you up. Then come back sat night to st pete: start out at Cafe Alma to get their doubles for price of one, around midnight head up to Push rooftop. Ask for DJ Webb tell him steveo sent you, he'll hook you up. Then if you're up for it, leave around 1:30am and head over to Aja.

Oh and send me your full name ill put it on the guestlist for push.