mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

are they free?
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

This sample pack would sound a lot better if the cover featured a hot chick getting a pearl necklace.
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

Your other sample pack sounded really good, just like every other producer who does everything ITB. I think a lot of that magic of that sample set was the fact that you had an image of a woman who looks vaguely like Marilyn Monroe and her name was Spunkface.

This set it lacking something, I think you need Spunkface 2.0
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

things I would rather spend my money on:

most of an eighth, and a load of hours lost in making my own sounds by whatever means.

a few pints down the pub talking sh!t with some friends.

a ticket to a concert/club night

a cd or record.

an EQ from DDMF.eu
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

michaellpenman wrote: lol yeah lol

:roll:
SOrry dude. I don't wanna start a personal hate campaign or anything.

But to me, selling samples of synthesised sounds already custom made for a genre is not music. It's just laziness.

My idea of music using samples, is people digging deeply into sound. Finding sounds and turning them into something new, and making it mean something different. Slow down a guitar to an infinite freeze with granular sampling. Record something from nature. (or go to freesound.org) Take someting from one piece of music, jazz/funk.soul/funk/whatever and watch it transform into something completely new.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I mean fck... most of these sounds/rhythms are from other tracks anyways.

Magda - 48 hr Crack in Your Bass @ 1.40 minutes... fucking blatant this one
Reinhard Voigt - How We Rock @ 10 seconds in ... bit less obvious but very similar to me

I'm not saying you need to handcraft everything from scratch if you're making music. Especially when you're starting out... its part of the learning experience to listen to other peices of music, and take the occiasional shortcut... try to work out how someone synthsesised a particular sound, maybe just sample someone straight off, maybe start with a preset and customise it.

But those things are a point on a moving journey... you grow beyond it. If you just pay someone else to spoonfeed you, you're never gonna put your balls on the line and make actual fucking music.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I think whatever feelings you have regarding samples, they are always going to be there so it's just a case of, live and let live.

Theres always going to be people that use them so theres always going to be people that make them. Supply and demand.

I knew a guy who made music this way, he had gigs and gigs of sample cd's on his hard drive and churned out music by dropping these loops into ableton and hitting render. I didnt know though at the time and it was during a net collab that I realised. The guy didnt even know how to program a drumloop properly, couldnt work past a synth preset and had was as shallow as a puddle musically. I couldnt work with him but although I have lost contact with him now, I know he still does the same thing. Im amazed how he can get satisfaction from it. My 10yr old daughter can do that in feckin Ejay.

I make music cos I want to make my own music, why else would you do it? Baffling. But what gets me more than anything is this production forum becoming a sales pitching forum. Isnt there a ruling on spam? Why not have a classified ads section or something? Or at least put a small charge on advertising which could go to server charges etc.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

AK wrote:I think whatever feelings you have regarding samples, they are always going to be there so it's just a case of, live and let live.

Theres always going to be people that use them so theres always going to be people that make them. Supply and demand.

I knew a guy who made music this way, he had gigs and gigs of sample cd's on his hard drive and churned out music by dropping these loops into ableton and hitting render. I didnt know though at the time and it was during a net collab that I realised. The guy didnt even know how to program a drumloop properly, couldnt work past a synth preset and had was as shallow as a puddle musically. I couldnt work with him but although I have lost contact with him now, I know he still does the same thing. Im amazed how he can get satisfaction from it. My 10yr old daughter can do that in feckin Ejay.

I make music cos I want to make my own music, why else would you do it? Baffling. But what gets me more than anything is this production forum becoming a sales pitching forum. Isnt there a ruling on spam? Why not have a classified ads section or something? Or at least put a small charge on advertising which could go to server charges etc.
Yeah maybe I just have to accept it's gonna be there. I don't know if I'm ever gonna feel positively about it though... it's pretty much at the same level musically as copying Basic Channel.

Music to me is all about growth and expression. It's satisfying, but hard work. I want to help out people who are interested in these things.

These sample Ads wouldn't really bother me, but I do get a little distrurbed by people believing that it's anything other than lowest common denominator cookie cutters for stale formulaic music.