New Traktor soft+hardware available

- open
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

needs an external power supply.

no multicore cables.

input switching is done via the software, not on the mixer's phono / line switch.

its basically serato now.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

also, did they ditch the ability to record internally? don't see the input on the soundcard, unless the "main in / out" is what they're talking about.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

cloutier wrote:also, did they ditch the ability to record internally? don't see the input on the soundcard, unless the "main in / out" is what they're talking about.
I would believe the 'main in' is for the recording. On Audio 8 it is channel D that is 'IN'
Even though it is referred to as a way of using send FX, hmm..
Now it’s also possible to run the TRAKTOR AUDIO 10 via its power supply only, as a Direct Thru unit. This means the soundcard is capable of passing through a signal from other equipment (turntables / CD players) without being connected to your computer – so switching between DJs or different setups is finally made simple - perfect for permanent club installations.
hmm, on the Audio 8 you could disconnect the computer and decks/cdj's would still work though connected through the powercore cables. I hope it will still be able to use the Audio 10 without a powersupply.

and yes, software switching sucks compared to use the line/phono switch on the mixer... hmm
ChrisCV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ChrisCV »

patrick bateman wrote: hmm, on the Audio 8 you could disconnect the computer and decks/cdj's would still work though connected through the powercore cables. I hope it will still be able to use the Audio 10 without a powersupply.
yep really like that feature.. you can set your sh!t up,.... unplug yuor laptop and come back to it when you're ready.... i think it was all down to those core cables.... i think somewhere along the cable it splits the CD/line in cable and reroutes it to two places...
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

ChrisCV wrote:
patrick bateman wrote: hmm, on the Audio 8 you could disconnect the computer and decks/cdj's would still work though connected through the powercore cables. I hope it will still be able to use the Audio 10 without a powersupply.
yep really like that feature.. you can set your sh!t up,.... unplug yuor laptop and come back to it when you're ready.... i think it was all down to those core cables.... i think somewhere along the cable it splits the CD/line in cable and reroutes it to two places...
apparently the thing is that you don't need the powercore cables at all now (as you say), but the ac power adapter is needed no matter what.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

patrick bateman wrote:
cloutier wrote:also, did they ditch the ability to record internally? don't see the input on the soundcard, unless the "main in / out" is what they're talking about.
I would believe the 'main in' is for the recording. On Audio 8 it is channel D that is 'IN'
Got it confirmed on the NI forum, that the 'main in' is used for output from external mixer, and then you can use the recorder as you're used to.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Do you have to switch in the software when you want to use vinyl, instead of the line/phono switch on the mixer?
If you don't use multicore cables: yes
So you can switch per deck? and you have to go into preferences to do this? A bit annoying if you switch forth and back during your set, I would mean. A bit easier just to use the line/phono switch on the mixer.
But you say you can still use the powercore cables? I thought these had been ditched for the new Audio 10?
Yes, per deck. You can switch from the deck letter menu.
You don't need multicore cables because of Direct Thru, but you can use them instead of using direct thru