Verve - Ganymede (Original) [Minimal Tech]

- music
vervesounds
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Verve - Ganymede (Original) [Minimal Tech]

Post by vervesounds »

hey guys,

first post up on this board, thought id throw up a tune ive been working on recently.

influenced by bodzin and other melodic german techno artists.

written, produced and arranged in ableton.

primary synths used: roland sh2, virus ti and dsi tetra.

linkage:

http://soundcloud.com/verve/verve-ganymede-unsigned

all feedback is invited and welcome.

will be posting all my new productions in the future too.. enjoy!
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

You managed to sound like Bodzin etc. Nice variations in your sounds and overall a nice track, maybe not as melodic/ecstatic as it could have been, especially around 3:00, the track would sound better if the bass had some melody
vervesounds
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by vervesounds »

boudo wrote:You managed to sound like Bodzin etc. Nice variations in your sounds and overall a nice track, maybe not as melodic/ecstatic as it could have been, especially around 3:00, the track would sound better if the bass had some melody
Thanks mate. Wasnt trying to 'sound' like bodzin, but to take his sound as an influence and fuse that together with my own style..

Yeah I think you raise a valid point about the melodic side, bassline could def have more variation, Ill probably address that when I get back into the project. Its difficult when you're using analog gear that lack patch memory to recall your settings. Altho I think that weakness can be turned into a strength, forces one to produce/synthesize the best sounds possible on the spot.

Any other comments/advice from you other mnml guys? Would love to hear..