No votes
No votes

Total votes: 0

stephanbarnem
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[DVDA001] What am I? - Stephan Barnem - ARTIST ALBUM

Post by stephanbarnem »

Listen and buy this album on Beatport: https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/con ... 0Am%20I%3F

Some of the most important dj's/perfomers around are supporting this album, below you can find the ratings from some of them:
Timo Maas 7/10
Dubfire 7/10
Ramon Tapia 7/10
Bloody Mary 8/10
Davide Squillace 9/10
Oliver Markreich 8/10
Lucio Carpenteri (Malatoid) 10/10
Billy Johnston 10/10
Joseph Capriati 7/10
Robin Hirte 6/10

Stephan Barnem talks about his own album
:

"I didn't came up one day with the idea of making one album and started working at it, it just came on its own actually.
One of the tracks featured in this album was made in 2009 which is titled "El Cierre", some tracks were made in 2010 and some in 2011, that's also the reason why it may sounds so "wide" and "open"; there are many different styles of music and pretty different musicalities in this album but for some reason the tracks sound also kinda "glued" one to each other.
Some "melancholic" tracks, some "happy" tracks, some "floor smasher" tracks... it's all about different periods of my life, different moods and different inspirations that I had while I was producing a certain track included in this album.

My favourite one is "Karted", which I made using some guitar synths, some pads, some pan pots/plates/forks/spoons and some tongue (some what? Yes I used my toungue for making the clap and I recorded myself while laying the table, so you can hear in the background some plates smashing against some forks and stuff).
It's pretty an "happy" track because I made it in a certain "happy" period of my life which was followed by a sad one, and that's when I produced the melancholic track "Goodbye".
Another track included in this album that I really like, is the trippy one "While I was".
From my old guitar, to some pan pots, passing through my toungue, in this album there are sounds from everywhere.

Some other tracks like Joiner, Splitter or Test 1 were produced with some inspirations I had during some of my journeys, they may sound either deep/soft and hard at the same time.

The mastering of this album was made during the winter season of 2011 in Berlin, where I spent many hours in the studio with the audio engineer and label manager (Autist Records) Ferri Borbàs.
I could have just sent it over to someone who makes masterings and waited for it to be delivered to me while I was chilling at home on my sofa, couldn't I? But this is my album, this is my sound.. this is my baby; would you ever let your baby in someone's hands? I wouldn't."