[Perlon86] Margaret Dygas - Margaret Dygas

- wax
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by masterpiece »

With a sound born in New York, ripened in London and refined in Berlin, Margaret Dygas is an artist whose sound possesses a true international resonance. Born and raised in Poland, at age 11 Margaret and her family moved to Germany, before finally relocating to San Jose, California. Surrounded by old school hip-hop as a teenager, her discovery of house music came in the early nineties following a move to New York in order to study fashion at the renowned Fashion Institute of Technology. Captivated by the British dance scene, Margaret moved to London in the summer of 1999. Becoming a regular fixture on London’s electronic music scene, Margaret went on to play clubs that included fabric, The End and Herbal, holding a residency at AKA for Underline’s label night. It was following her move to Berlin that Margaret started producing and writing her own music. After her debut release, “Day After” (for Jay Haze’s label Contexterrior), Margaret followed with the “See You Around EP", released in 2008 on Non Standard Productions and the “Invisible Circles” 12″ for Perlon (2009). 2010 marks the release of Margaret’s first full-length album “How Do You Do". Released on Japan’s PowerShovelAudio, the album is inspired by the book ‘Peoplewatching’, a guide to body language by British zoologist Desmond Morris. ..and now– PERL86.. going next level with Miss Dygas. 6 songs / 46 minutes. You’re welcome.

Also will be avaliable on CD format

Tracklist

01 Missing You Less
02 Soon
03 Pressed For Time
04 Country Way Of Life
05 41
06 Ocbinh’s Groove

Release Date : 13 June 2011
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

damn that second album comes fast.. curious to hear the samples
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

upekah wrote:damn that second album comes fast.. curious to hear the samples
Yeah well, sometimes you finish an album but it can take 1-2 years, maybe more before it comes out. By the time it's released, you have enough material for a 2nd. Perlon is known to take LONG time for releasing too.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

pheek wrote:
upekah wrote:damn that second album comes fast.. curious to hear the samples
Yeah well, sometimes you finish an album but it can take 1-2 years, maybe more before it comes out. By the time it's released, you have enough material for a 2nd. Perlon is known to take LONG time for releasing too.
This makes sense :) I am pretty excited about it.. can imagine it being more listening stuff though.. I am not into playing her stuff out that much though it's amazing for home listening! :)
Creditcard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Creditcard »

artwork should be like that, looks nice :-)
cant wait for the samples though
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

yeah same here :)
very excited about this 8)
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

upekah wrote:This makes sense :) I am pretty excited about it.. can imagine it being more listening stuff though.. I am not into playing her stuff out that much though it's amazing for home listening! :)
I tend to prefer music that fits home listening. We spend more time at home anyway :)
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

pheek wrote:
upekah wrote:This makes sense :) I am pretty excited about it.. can imagine it being more listening stuff though.. I am not into playing her stuff out that much though it's amazing for home listening! :)
I tend to prefer music that fits home listening. We spend more time at home anyway :)
some guys don't :lol: