outboard fx units! which one(s) for under 1500usd?

- ask away
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: outboard fx units! which one(s) for under 1500usd?

Post by kenah »

It would be nice if you could send me to some samples of retroverb , thinking of it also . also the mono lancet from vermona has some nice features , over all the vermona has these 2 nice piece of gear that i can remind of .
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

I can confirm that the retroverb is a fantastic piece of kit.
Will be my next purchase
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

kenah wrote:does anyone now a effect processor with also filter in it ? heard something about TC electronic that has also filter despite the rest of the effect in it like delay or reverb . but would love to be under 600Euros
TC electronic fireworx.
a very nice combination of all kinds of FX.
I've had one for years, but never got around to using it enough.
I'm still doubting if I'm gonna keep it, now that I got an eventide H8000fw the chances of me using it have become rather tiny.
One of the biggest downsides of the fireworx is that its processor power is limited.
So when you use big FX, you can barely use other FX in the chain.
This doesn't happen all the time of course, but it's still irritating to have all these options but then sometimes not enough processing power to use 'em.
I paid around 500 for mine used about 5 years ago.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

5meohd wrote:yes.. the eventide space and the stryman timeline were the two I was thinking of getting..

I actually use the timefactor at work -twisted to test the inserts on the mixers and I actually don't care for it too much..
I can't say I have any personal experience with their pedals, but if they are as good as other eventide gear I do think they are a steal for what you get.
Some people might think they are expensive (around 500 for one?? I'm guessing), but if you compare how much a normal proper eventide unit costs, this is a real steal.
If they were making the pedals a year ago, I would have bought me a combination of those and would still have saved quite a bit of money to buy other gear.
very tweakable + portable + affordable and still eventide quality sound. That's gotta have been great news for many people that wanted a piece of eventide kit but didn't have the cash for it.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

How much should a used retroverb go for?
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

livecollective wrote:How much should a used retroverb go for?
I got mine for about 350$ if i remember correctly. It was a pretty good deal. Considering the older units are out of production, and that the new ones cost about 400€, i'd say 350€ is still a good price.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
cosmosuave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cosmosuave »

Rack Fx you can't go wrong with a Ensoniq DP/4 4 ins and 4 outs that are configurable with certain FX parameters that can be midi controlled... DP/4 can be had between $200 - $300 if you look around...
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

cosmosuave wrote:Rack Fx you can't go wrong with a Ensoniq DP/4 4 ins and 4 outs that are configurable with certain FX parameters that can be midi controlled... DP/4 can be had between $200 - $300 if you look around...
Mathew Jonson uses a DP4 a lot in live situations apparantly.