Producing HOT NATURED Sound..

- ask away
ZANDERHAY
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Producing HOT NATURED Sound..

Post by ZANDERHAY »

Really into the Hot Natured "sound" just now, not just jamie jones and lee foss themselves but music that alot of the artists on the hot creations label contribute. That kinda sound that you just wanna hear on a beach or blaring out a car down a street lined with palm tree's..

Anyway i'm wondering how i can go about producing these kind of synth lines? Surely they cant be too complicated, i'm guessing the hardware used is 80's/90's but what exactly??

the kind of synths im referrring to can be found in these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5sKrKqpf9Y (0.32) and (2.10)

and the synth lines that run most of the way through this one from the beggining..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3t_4kTw9wQ

any help much appreciated!
x
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Producing HOT NATURED Sound..

Post by AK »

I'm not sure what you want, the first synth is a sawtooth with a LP filter, prob chorused a bit and what not. The synth used in the arpegio is staccato type generic synth sound that would fit the criteria to be arpeggiated. Confused? :?:

You on about the chords used or just the sound of the synths?
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Don't think its possible to produce this type of sound unless you become as cool as Jamie Jones or Lee Foss combined.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

hydrogen wrote:Don't think its possible to produce this type of sound unless you become as cool as Jamie Jones or Lee Foss combined.
hehe...

but it all sounds like cheap softsynths. the jamie track chords sounds like a sylenth preset.
imho nothing special or difficult to achieve. the point of that sound is to like a lot cheese in your melodies.
techno made me do it
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Jamie Jones actually has a decent studio. Jupiter 8, SH101, some Junos a Midas mixing console and so on.

You dont need that to create this sort of music though or any sort of music really. Just filter some saw waves, create a party hook and you're set.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

::BLM:: wrote:Jamie Jones actually has a decent studio. Jupiter 8, SH101, some Junos a Midas mixing console and so on.

You dont need that to create this sort of music though or any sort of music really. Just filter some saw waves, create a party hook and you're set.
hm that rarely comes through in his productions (well dont listen a lot to his stuff). i guess its the way he uses it.
the point for me when the analog stuff really shines is when you modulate it. softsynth tend to have a small sweet spot to sound good or sound like their analog counterparts.
if you do standard stuff it´s sometimes hard to hear a difference in a production / mixdown.
techno made me do it
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Deccard, you couldn't be more spot on in your analysis. All sounds like cheap softsynths to me too. Just because somebody got a great gearlist in an interview doesn't mean they are using them for everythng... but!! They have some great sequences and good drum programming and also some dope sunglasses too which ties it all together for a great party sound. In my opinion maceo plex has the strongest sound out of all those guys on crosstown not sure what he is using but dude knows how to punch it out.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
ZANDERHAY
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ZANDERHAY »

AK wrote:I'm not sure what you want, the first synth is a sawtooth with a LP filter, prob chorused a bit and what not. The synth used in the arpegio is staccato type generic synth sound that would fit the criteria to be arpeggiated. Confused? :?:

You on about the chords used or just the sound of the synths?
yeah haha.. pretty confused.. i've not been producing long (only a year or so) and not musically trained whatsoever haha! i understand arpegio and staccato though, i was just curious as to what softsynths may have been used in these (and similar productions)

anyone have any ideas?