Confessions of a Record Addict

- open
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Confessions of a Record Addict

Post by gillsans »

So with all these new releases coming out in the labels section of this site how can one not be a super vinyl addict?

How many records do you justify to yourself each month, week, day? Im always on such a binge and its sooooo hard to stop. Im on ebay, gemm, juno, kompakt, satellite, paypal with records coming from all over the world. Its out of hand.

Tell me about your vinyl addiction...:)
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

i have some money left in my bank account at the end of the month
but i try not to think of the amount of money I spend on records each month
if i would only buy minimal stuff, i'd be better off, but i buy so many other things as well, that's my problem, but every fix makes me happy though hehe
entropy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by entropy »

currently, i'm trying not to buy any vinyl, because i'm saving for my first own mk2 :D
but usually i'd buy at least 3-4 releases a month... and that's why i got more than 100 releases in two years...
"So the kids take a pill to feel the funk and the DJ takes a pill to feel the funk. I don't take a pill to feel the funk." (Derrick May)
Renton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Renton »

can't stop buying vinyls either, just so many good releases coming out all the time. And it is just so easy to get hold of 'em nowadays.
Before ordering online was so easy you had to check the recordstore at least once a week and still you missed some good ones. Now every release is just a click away.

Only problem is I don't have enough space in my appartment anymore to fit all my records, there are just so many...
"I won't be in today, boss...I'm feeling a little mnml."
accdntly
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by accdntly »

i used to be a junky, around $50 a week. since ive been focusing on my studio though the hobby is on the back burner and i feel left out. things are coming together and i want to get back. started buying tunes on beatport yesterday but i still need a desk, final scratch, some controlers, live 5 (this week hopefully), nice mic and maybe extra gig of ram.
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

accdntly wrote:i used to be a junky, around $50 a week. since ive been focusing on my studio though the hobby is on the back burner and i feel left out. things are coming together and i want to get back. started buying tunes on beatport yesterday but i still need a desk, final scratch, some controlers, live 5 (this week hopefully), nice mic and maybe extra gig of ram.
Its such a toss up between records and studio gear. The problem is studio gear can take a while to save for and a record is just so easy to buy. Buy enough records and you could have bought something nice for the studio.

I think in the long run gear is more important.

Its hard not to feel left out when there are so many good new releases.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
RussC
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by RussC »

i buy anywhere from 20-30 vinyl a month,, not all mnml,, but mostly quirky stuff, thankfully i have a decent job so i can save for a bunch of things (ie. gear,vacations...) im a gear whore also..
i need to have my fix of the black crack though,, cant go too long without buying some vinyl, especially if its a rare/small label release, i cant wait to see if its going to be around for me, so i have to order it right away to make sure I have a copy.

i feel your pain gillsans,, its never gonna get better also,, so enjoy :)
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

We for me is a love story that usually ends with tragedy.. its a love/hate relationship without the love.. jokes..but since i live in the Middle East, its a bitch to keep ordering a few records everyweek. so I wait and wait and compile a huge list.. then I huff and I puff and I blow my credit card out! the shipping is usually half as much as the records which is a pain in the arse.. and by the time I get the records there are newer tracks that are have come out, but I have to wait till the next big order when I strike again in stealth mode... :twisted: