compression help needed

- ask away
Jimmy Chronic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

compression help needed

Post by Jimmy Chronic »

Hey

Does anyone know whats the best settings to use when compressing your track using either t-racks 24 or the compressor in reason 3? :wink:
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

I use the Compresor from the Wave Diamond Bundle.
Lostra
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lostra »

If i was you, i would bounce all the audio (or separate the channels)
and would compress in some other application (live or logic) with vst plug ins. Try the compressor from TC native or Yamaha Finalizer

cheerio

L.
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

best compressors in my opinion are Sonalksis and Waves ones

hmm i read somewhere to adjust lowest attack and max. release.. then set treshold and ratio.. then setting attack until it fits.. tuning release then.. and tweaking ratio a bit hehehe but dunno if that makes sense..

well at least there isnt a "best" setting wich works for everything.. you have to find out yourself what fits best
Last edited by tsod on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

dont bother doin that, the comp in reason 3 is good enough. Compression is about practice and using your ears, there is no universal setting that will be right for every track.
'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

MarcAshken wrote:dont bother doin that, the comp in reason 3 is good enough. Compression is about practice and using your ears, there is no universal setting that will be right for every track.
better comp on abletonlive. say no more.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

i've never used it, but i can be sure its not as good as the waves compressor, and if u really want to go thru the hassle of exporting each element of you track individually and lining them up in another app you may as well use what is probably the best software comp there is. My point is simply that the new comps in reason 3.0 are more than sufficient for most types of music.
Lostra
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lostra »

I had problems with waves (like 2 years before, i don't remember wich version). The computer crashed when i was using waves together with logic

Which version of Waves do you use?