Villalobos Salvador ?

- open
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Villalobos Salvador ?

Post by AVX23 »

Pretty much the most recent piece of minimal/clicky house I've listened too that isn't netlabel.

Thought it was hit and miss, but more hit than miss, some of the trax are a little twee, but some knock the sh!t outta them and help restore the balance, overall - I'm liking it a lot and I'm hearing a lot of Hawtin in there, which is kinda neat as it cements their partnership (oeerrrr Sven will be jealous) heh heh

But yeah - most likely you guys have all talked it to death already, but I only got round to listening to it last night and I was wondering what you guys made of it.

Suesse Cheques doing it for me - a really good track, some nice use of FX and some loveley hi hat/snares going on, think he's perhaps overdone the Flange/chorus on some of the sounds, but yeah - I really love the tonal elements going on and the almost summery melody definately set it apart from the usual plastikman ripoff material.

I'm definately liking this direction, just not too sure about the faster moments which don't really do him any favours IMO - theres a lot of people that do faster/harder edged stuff a lot better than him and these moments just don't do nuthin for me.

Some of the tribal grooves are nice tho, reminded me of his track on the 1st Perlon comp.