Ääni - Slow Thinker

- music
Aani
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Ääni - Slow Thinker

Post by Aani »

Hi... This is my first serious endeavor into Minimal Techhouse (Or what ever you want to call it... :) )
The track is called Slow Thinker, and is being produced in Logic Pro 7... It's still far from finished, but I'd like some "mid-way" feedback!

Ääni - Slow Thinker
pancakepunisher
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pancakepunisher »

yea it's realy nice.... i would like to hear it when it's finished... ;)
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

(listening on headphones)
quite nice it is yes :)

only thing - the verb slapback (from compression?) at track start, do something with it.

would like to hear it finished indeed.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Aani
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Aani »

I didn't actually notice that slapback before I listened to it on phones as well... Haven't checked the mix on phones at all... :)

That particular verb is running of the Virus TI, and I didn't fiddle too much with it... The track isn't really compressed, as all I've put on it so far is a 48dB/oct low-cut at 30Hz and a limiter. Gonna fix it tomorrow...

Thanks for letting me know :)

Ääni
Texture
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Texture »

yeah this is quite nice, the bass that comes back in at around 2.59 is too high in the mix though i thought, and could probably do with some equing to help the bass and kick sit a little more comfortably

sweet work indeed
Klickhaus record 01 - Texture "Registry Check ep" - Original, remixes from Tim Xavier and Camea - Out now at http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/212 ... ht=texture

also at Beatport and other good record stores
Aani
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Aani »

I've done some serious tinkering on the track today...
As well as fixing the reverb slapback (I hope), I've reworked the kick, and taken the 'farty' bass down a peg... :) I was aware of it being mixed high, but one has a way of overlooking how serious something is "out of the mix" when listening to it over and over again...

Now to figure out what to do next... Hmm...

(BTW: MANY thanks for the feedback)
Texture
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Texture »

yep, classic ear fatigue, i tend to take a break from a mix even as little as every 30 mins for around 15 mins to allow the ears to re-adjust, certainly if there's alot going on and a couple of different elements that are sitting at around the same frequencies

looking forward to hearing this finished definately :)
Klickhaus record 01 - Texture "Registry Check ep" - Original, remixes from Tim Xavier and Camea - Out now at http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/212 ... ht=texture

also at Beatport and other good record stores
cinch
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cinch »

You've got a nice groove happening here. Pretty classic. I agree with robot criminal about the reverb thing. It sound great a the start, but you could modulate it a bit and get some motion out of it.

The dirty bass bit that comes in half way through is a great sound. It sits right on the border of being atonal/enharmonic and I like it.

Now that i've listened to it a few times, I think it would sound really phat if your cut out all of the reverb sends when the dirty bass comes it. It would really bring all of the element right up front, giving the appearence of a louder punchier mix.

Nice work man.