Where is the decency gone?

- open
KETROO
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Where is the decency gone?

Post by KETROO »

A computer - pirated OS, a bunch of mp3's - "bittorrent-ed", mixing software - pirated too, a week of practice and there you have it: you are suddenly a dj. Ha! :o Then you come here, you post your neatly mixed tape and everybody cheers! Makes me vomit :x
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

sh!t happens. the industry dug a hole underneath herself. ironic, but if you wuold follow the rules on the back of your original cd you would break the law by opening the window and turn the volume on.

+ everyone can be a dj nowdays...i remember when i started 5 years ago (altho i had that feeling inside me forever and i really wanted to be a dj), a month didn't pass and all of the sudden your friends are dj's too. some were tennis players (coaches), some were skateboareders. makes you think why did they actually start to be dj's. is there a true cause or just to be hip. i think we know the answer. :wink:
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Where is the decency gone?

Post by idealstandard »

KETROO wrote:A computer - pirated OS, a bunch of mp3's - "bittorrent-ed", mixing software - pirated too, a week of practice and there you have it: you are suddenly a dj. Ha! :o Then you come here, you post your neatly mixed tape and everybody cheers! Makes me vomit :x
True.
But what about playing two disks one after the other, even if you do it for years, not producing a single decent sound and sometimes even not producing one sound and getting payed or adored way more than the people who actually do produce the music which is being played. :?:
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

@KETROO yeah i agree with you 100% and i have thought this before but other than the piracy part and perfectly matched part not much is different. i mean get some techs and records and you will be mixing in hours. it doesn't really take that long to learn how to beat match. i can't speak for everyone but most people i know were beat matching within hours.

don't get me wrong. i would rather hear records mixed. there is some magic that occurs and i think it has something to do with the imperfect mix. when you are out and hear two records mix together there is just this energy that seems to be lacking in perfect digital mixes.

@plaster i don't think everyone being a dj or wanting to be a dj is just limited to nowadays "Everybody wants to be a deejay, Everybody wants to be an emcee" -de la soul 1989

why worry if they are true to the cause or not? you will know in a few months when their decks are collecting dust. it ends up being good because they sell their gear and records to you cheap :D
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Where is the decency gone?

Post by isa »

KETROO wrote:A computer - pirated OS, a bunch of mp3's - "bittorrent-ed", mixing software - pirated too, a week of practice and there you have it: you are suddenly a dj. Ha! :o Then you come here, you post your neatly mixed tape and everybody cheers! Makes me vomit :x
almost everyone attacked for saying this not long ago (they even wanted to pass the gun to me) :lol:

totally agree with you :)
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

Well it'll be immediatly clear if they can really mix or not when they perform somewhere. So it doesn't really matter. Just don't judge someone by the sets they record at home.
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

Nothing you can do about it, Thats why we go out to see people and not sit at home listening to podcasts. But, In the end it's about the music anyway.. isn't it? errr
idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

harass wrote:Nothing you can do about it, Thats why we go out to see people and not sit at home listening to podcasts. But, In the end it's about the music anyway.. isn't it? errr
Thought so, but obviously not... But I might get something wrong in this discussion... :?: