What are your favourite minimal techno loops and sample pack

- ask away
Ronny Pries
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ronny Pries »

I'm using Ronny Pries' samplepack a lot. Err. Oh, wait.
Always think twice.
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

I used a couple DVDs from magazines for awhile, now I've recently cut the samples I use down to mostly just Wave Alchemy's Drum Tools 01 and Konkrete 1/2 for drums, plus some weird free stuff from gnomehammer and a few other sources. And a handful of soft synths
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

If I had to name one, it would be a really, really old one on Big Fish called "Xperts of Techno"

I don't end up using it a lot, but the loops were developed and mixed down in like 1997 and are based on a very classic Detroit sound, which I love.

I derive inspiration from time to time just listening to the loops and snippets on that disc.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

machinedrum

static samples = :(
NC
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by NC »

i use anything that moves, falls on my path or walks on my way :)
but mainly single tone based samples..
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

i used to throw around metal objects in a garage and record it. so nowadays i like to chop up and loopify about 10 years of improvised recordings i've made. i like to keep noise/synth loops 1-2 bars in length, rhythm maybe up to 4 bars, and let the whole thing develop it's own texture by sheer repetition.

some fun ideas; i crossfade 2 loops, which are identical, but have different effects and EQ'ing on each instance. this way i can fade from a warbly filtered tone to a crisp and resonant tone. i can control this by volume envelopes instead of hand work or plugging numbers in. this way repeating sections can have much variation in tone and feel, or i can pull a sound out of feedback into it's original source and have it all be on tempo.
JonasEdenbrandt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

I use disco and funk records and some kraut stuff... and synths
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

I like sampling background noises from classic disatopian sci fi films for samples.