mnml newbie

Post by ale suide »

Martian Telecom wrote:Mnml = Live
yeah right :lol:
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

I just got a copy of 6 :D . really excited about what I'll be able to do with it over the coming months/years.

Not got a midi controller yet though, but I honestly don't find using the keyboard that bad, obviously it's nothing compared to a midi controller mind.
sylvie.foret
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sylvie.foret »

controllers for dj-ing: xsession pro. it just came out--it's like a dj mixer and it only costs, like, $99 US. i got one for christmas.

my way in was through djingj--which i resisted for a very long time. partly because the controllers sucked, partly because i thought it didn't sound as good as vinyl. and partly because i was attached to turntables. anyway. after warp-marking literally hundreds of tracks, my relationship to music itself became completey warped. in a good way (and also, strangely, made me a much better turntable dj--still play serato sometimes).

so i finally started making tracks with my computer keyboard and only the factory plugins--retarded, but that's all i could handle to begin with. then i got more stuff. and then i realized i was actually making music! and i'll have tracks out in the spring. i'll put a few up soon--and i'd be honored to have them torn to bits by anyone who's interested.

no matter how steep the learning curve, the hardest part is yourself. meaning that all the gear in the world won't make your music for you. be humble with this program. bear in mind that you don't know what you don't know. i think i'll write about it: "self help for ravers: live6 and you."
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

[((-))] wrote:I know i struggle. I get a little ditty happening, but then i hit 'save as' and next time i get to my daw i load up a new set. Its hard not to get distracted or bored with what your working on.
couldnt agree more. Well its like I definitely won't finish @ least half of the tracks I'd like to see finished... :roll:
distraction and boredom and lazyness make one helluva awful thing (and I'm a total lazy-ass) :(

and all this minimal with live 6 is total sh!t. I went to Imatran Voima live tonight and they didn't even use a computer. Ok, it wasn't so minimal but u get my drift.

Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...