TAPCO S8 Studio Monitors - Advice

- ask away
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

TAPCO S8 Studio Monitors - Advice

Post by digitalbunny »

Hey all,
I'm in the market for some monitors and came across the Tapco S8 monitors (apparently made my Mackie) locally for $999AUD. They didn't sound to bad across the spectrum, if a little muddy through the lower end. Stereo imaging seemed quite nice from the short demo i had.

Has anyone else used/owned/heard of these and have any comments or advice? I'm having trouble finding reviews (which may or may not be a bad sign).
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

i am in the market too...so anyone who could add something here would be great...

i am alos considering events (maybe even the tr8 xls- ive only heard positive things but the price scares me (600 for pair- one mackie costs 600)....
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

well i have the event ALP5 and i love em - actually, im used to them now and know how they sound, Events are very good!
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitalbunny »

I ended up trialing the Tapco's in the store again and then buying them.
Great monitor for the price range, i recommend 8)
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

New Guy wrote:well i have the event ALP5 and i love em - actually, im used to them now and know how they sound, Events are very good!
Oh yes.
My friend's old 20/20's always surprise me. So clean. But then his neighbor's Adams turn you into a puddle of drool on the floor... these are fucking hot (yes expensive too).
sylvie.foret
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sylvie.foret »

i know the events are gold standard, but i like the maudio bx8a best. cheaper than event--easier on the ears, too. and neither are perfect anyway. tapcos are not so fun to listen to. i'm wary of anything mackie-related that's not called mackie.

but if for serious studio use, try to find a pair of the smaller (15"?) genelecs on ebay. quality.
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

Does anybody rate the Behringer Truth 2031A's? I'm on a budget & thinking of buying these.
fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fl0w »

For the same price you could get a pair of Prodipe Pro8 ;)

Anyway, don't consider buying your monitors without having listened to as many models as possible. Take your time.
Trust... your ears!
:.: : :: : :.: .:. :.