ableton 6 problem

- ask away
kexie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

ableton 6 problem

Post by kexie »

i am using ableton 6 with the uc33e controller and after 2,3 hours of playing it sometime happens all of the midi assignments stop working.did this happen to anyone,where is the problem? ableton,pc?
snauzberries taste just like snauzberries
www.myspace.com/kexieq
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

it happened to me too. usually i would just restart either ableton or the controller. try to find better drivers.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
mr serious
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: ableton 6 problem

Post by mr serious »

kexie wrote:i am using ableton 6 with the uc33e controller and after 2,3 hours of playing it sometime happens all of the midi assignments stop working.did this happen to anyone,where is the problem? ableton,pc?
legal? or illegal version of ableton live 6?
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

have the same problem with my uc33e (and triggerfinger)... legal version of live 5
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: ableton 6 problem

Post by skept »

kexie wrote:i am using ableton 6 with the uc33e controller and after 2,3 hours of playing it sometime happens all of the midi assignments stop working.did this happen to anyone,where is the problem? ableton,pc?
is it possible that you bumped one of the preset p1 - p4 on your 33? this has happened to me in the past.

other than that i have never had all of the setting disappear. are you saying that when you went into midi map mode the mappings no longer exist either?

also i am using a legally purchased version of ab6.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Happened to me. I had to "scan" to find the midi in and it select it. Problem fixed. I suggest you check on ableton's forum for tech support.
sylvie.foret
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sylvie.foret »

i have also had this problem. legal live 6. with the little 4-channel controller as well as the 33. do like what pheek said. also, disconnect controller, wait a sec, keep calm, replug usb, then go back to midi prefs and reselect ins. settings reappear in sesh. no need to stop audio.
C.S.
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by C.S. »

Are you using a laptop? Some USB ports don't push out enough power to keep the midi device operating correctly for long periods of time. I had this problem on my laptop. There is only one port out of 4 that works all the time.

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48997

That thread should point you in the right direction.