what was your worst buy

- ask away
kahl_s
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kahl_s »

milc wrote:
staffan linzatti wrote:
Coog wrote:Mine was the cycloops loop machine thingy. It was made by some crap ass company here in the states and it didn't work from get go. Sent it back and got a refund. They tried telling me it shipped with the wrong power supply.
Ahh, I have the soundbite. it´s the version after cycloops, right?
nop, soundbite is the original(?). actually, cycloops is fabricated/distributed by Peavey in U.S. but the original product is from Redsound U.K.

this little machine was longtime no available in most european country.

i have soundbite too :wink:
ahh okey. so the Soundbite XL is the upgrade of Soundbite?
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

ozone, my friend's got one, within a month the screen died, it always crashes, usb dies... all sorts of problems with it.

as for me, microKORG... it was awesome when I first got it but it really doesn't sound good at all...

as for kaoss pad I disagree. it all depends on how you incorporate it in your setup... I use my kp2 all the time it's perfect to send drums through... I do live PA so it's a great piece of equipment....

my favourite piece of equipment would have to be KORG Electribe esx for sound... EMX as a midi controller and MASSIVE as synth.... I've been working with those for live pa for quite some time and they're a wonderful combination (after a lot of messy midi forwarding and patching) :)
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

Numark DJ IO...pppfffffffffffff....that thing is even worst that my old berihner equipment. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

gemini turntable package when i was 16. Such a disaster. Huge disaster. 14 years later...im still pissed
signatures suck
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

tc electronics konnekt 24D. their drivers suck hard.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
robbie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by robbie »

sony mdr-v500...cheap but rubish :lol:
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

worst buys i have made, any deck other than technics.
possibly a teratec phase 88 fw sound card. sounded great but the firewire version wasnt stackable, the pci version was? i wanted to use it with an analogue desk.
I got a focusrite saffire 26i/o. sold my phase for half what i paid for it.
2 be honest i think its hard to buy gear that holds its value. even moogs go for half their rrp.
but its hard to make the right buying desisions when you havnt got somewhere to test it. like a music shop/ mates house.
behringer are crap i agree, but the BC* 2000 range of controllers are pretty good. paired with a m-audio keystation 49 for about £50.
to me its a combo that beats the korg microkontrol. but i never really used the drum pads.
but did swap it for a microkorg. so cant really say it was a bad buy.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

thom wrote:A beautiful wooden ring I bought for a girl. I gave it to her and she left for south america the next day...
any woman who gets a WOODEN ring will get on the next bus away from you, mate :lol:

My worst buy: M-Audio midi controller. (MK-461C I think). Awful piece of crappy material. I'm in the market now for a new MIDI-controller, but this time I'll just go to Music Store in Koln and ask if I can play around a bit before actually buying one.